“Nice hotel, would return”
Review of Auberge du Manoir

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Auberge du Manoir
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Chamonix
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The hotel is very pretty and our room was a decent size. Not cheap, but nowhere is at peak times in Chamonix. It's a short walk from bars and restaurants and has its own bar, too.

My only criticism would be that the room was very hot at night, and there was no thermostat to turn the heating down. Otherwise, very much recommended.

Room Tip: We had room 3, which was a decent size.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 February 2017

This place is lovely. Warm and inviting as soon as you arrive. The bedrooms are comfortable and homely, the bathroom has a lovely big shower in which is good after a day on the slopes. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is vast with lost of choice. And finally the location is good, not far from the centre, not far form the bus stops for the ski slopes. Great place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We stayed at the Auberge du Manoir for a wonderful long weekend. The hotel is warm, friendly and spotlessly clean. Our room was extremely comfortable and quiet and we had a balcony with beautiful views. The owners were delightful and couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast is a feast and the location of the hotel makes it easy to explore Chamonix on foot.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2016

There is no better view of Mont Blanc and L'Aiguille du Midi than from the balcony of the Auberge du Manoir in Chamonix. Actually, the view from the breakfast room is pretty terrific too. This was our second stay at the hotel and we had no hesitation in coming back after our first visit two years ago. We had superior room with a view of Mont Blanc which was well worth the additional tariff. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated in an alpine style. Breakfast is fantastic with a large selection of cereals, meat, cheese, bread, pastries and home made yoghurt and jam. You can boil your own eggs if you wish. It is an easy walk to the centre of Chamonix and the Aiguille du Midi Cable Car Station. There is good on-site parking. The hosts are very friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations and bookings.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I loved this hotel, very quaint, clean rooms, lovely breakfast, and helpful staff. Only needed a lift and it would have been perfect! Going up and down 3 flights of stairs at my age with luggage is tough. I am pretty sure that the staff would have carried it up if I asked.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms must have a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2016

I didn't actually stay here. My reservation was for 2 nights. During the reservation process, the hotel was very clear that there was no check-in after 9:30. This was clear so I don't blame the hotel for this. But with as many flight delays there are nowadays, don't book this hotel or any family-run hotel that does not offer late check-ins.

My flight was delayed out of the US which created a ripple effect. Once I landed in London, I called the hotel, letting them know of my delay - my expected arrival was now 10:30 PM. They kindly offered to stay beyond the 9:30 check-in to 10:30. However, after landing in Geneva, my original shuttle company was now closed. I found another shuttle but my arrival would not be until 11:30. I called the hotel and they stated they could not wait an additional hour. Again, i understand; they were upfront with their policy. However, all hotels in Chamonix was booked and I was already on the shuttle to Chamonix. Not a good feeling...thinking I may need to sleep on a park bench. Anyways, I ended up staying about 15 minutes away.

While I want to support family-run businesses, I no longer will. There are way too many flight delays... And I never want to feel that feeling on panic thinking I would be sleeping on a park bench.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Location is within walking distance to the town center. Very nice garden and view outside the auberge. The couple manning the hotel is very friendly and helpful to us

The interior is wooden and cozy. We enjoyed our 1 night stay there.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends