“Very good pizza, slow service”
Review of La Toscana

La Toscana
Ranked #29 of 1,019 Restaurants in Grenoble
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Pros:
- Excellent pizza!
- Great wine choice
- Very good location right by the river

Cons:
- Slow service due to understaffing - there were just 2 waitresses in a restaurant full of people.
- Abysmal choice of beer

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

I only gave this place three stars. As they served everyone else before us we assume because we are American. Food was so good but service was horrible. Wouldn't go back.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

the first time I tried their pizza it was still trailer pizza catered under my house, and then it became a restaurant. it still remains however the best I have literally ever had next to actual Italian Pizza in Milan

Reviewed July 4, 2016

At each time I go there, I become more surprised. The food was always delicious and it is pretty cheap.

The pizza there is very good. I would recommend the Ruccola con Buffala (or something like this). Moreover, there is a pizza that is half Calzone, that is very good. The pasta are all perfect as well.

And the best thing: The menu is not worse or more expensive on sundays, as most french restaurants!

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

Been to la Toscana multiple times (mostly on weekends, evening only).
I live in Grenoble and have had the opportunity to check out quite a few pizzerias (a common sight in a city filled with Italians) : this one is the best I've tried.
It has not been around for very long but word spread. You should book in advance if you want to make sure to have a table.