All reviews half board set menu nothing is too much trouble lake annecy course dinner an alternative young couple this wonderful hotel let them know this family run hotel friendly hotel veal bus stop every evening her husband edwards coaches four courses
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Our holiday at Les Grillons had been eagerly anticipated for over a year and having followed the reviews I can only way that every aspect of our stay lived up to our expectations.

The welcome was cordial and as we had arrived very early we were offered refreshments while our room was prepared.

We (my daughter, granddaughter and myself) had a spacious room for three with a beautiful view overlooking the pool, garden and lake. There was plenty of storage space for the three of us and it was good that the bathroom was separate from the toilet.

We made good use of the pool, the nearby 'plage' (for which free tickets were available at reception), the garden and the table tennis table. We enjoyed walks along the lake to Talloires where we shopped at the little supermarket (closed for 2 hours over lunch), the tempting 'boulangerie' and the farmers' market. We loved the included boat trip around the lake and stopped at the picturesque town of Annecy for crepes, ice cream and pastries!

However the 'icing on the cake' of this wonderful holiday has to be the food! My daughter is vegan, my granddaughter is fussy and I like good, locally sourced food. We all enjoyed choosing what we liked at breakfast, we could ask for a packed lunch if we wished but at dinner we were presented with three different meals each night. My daughter was amazed that Sebastien, the chef could produce such lovely 3 course meals for her with no repetition through the week. My granddaughter had to ask for a few changes to the children's menu but we had rarely seen her eat so well (and try new things). As for my meals - what a delight! In this region famed for its gastronomy Sebastien could claim a Michelin star. Absolutely fabulous!
Our nightly cocktails were a special treat and it was lovely that non alcoholic versions were available for Saffron who felt very grown up joining in.
All the staff at Les Grillons were excellent but I want to say say a very big 'thank you' to Aurelie and Sebastien for helping us have such a memorable holiday.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We have stayed in a good number of hotels but right from the moment we arrived, the staff ensured that our holiday experience was the best it could possibly be. Their attention to detail at reception, in the restaurant and at the bar was faultless and the fact that it was family run was very apparent. We had wonderful food, a very nice bedroom with a balcony overlooking the lake and, when our daughter arrived, they upgraded her room to one with a balcony too! The family and staff are fully deserving of their other wonderful reviews!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony and lake view are lovely
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Stayed a week through Inghams. A lovely hotel. Very friendly staff. The dinner was on a set menu basis but the food was exceptional: all the meat tender and moist, and the cheese course with local Tomme and Reblochon, a nightly treat.

Room Tip: Would avoid room 1. One of the smallest, and poor sound insulation between toilet/WC and room 2.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Stayed two nights on way to Italy. Had a lovely room with balcony and lake, mountain view. Although road runs in front of hotel, it is not nuisance and did not disturb a good nights sleep. Our room was in fact a family room with a separate twin bedded room. So we had loads of space. From arrival to departure the staff were on the ball, friendly and helpful.
We had half board and breakfast and dinner were both very good. The dinner as I recall did offer choices, although a set menu. I cannot recall if a la carte was available, but it did not matter. Good value and choice of wines. There is a very comfortable and pleasant bar and the cocktail menu is extensive. The young lady bartender makes a wicked rum based range of cocktails which match anything I have had in the Caribbean. The weather at the time had not settled to the heatwave that was only a few days away and eating outside or drinking in the evening was not really pleasant, but the outside area looked inviting as did the pool. The bus stop is a short stroll away and the ferry goes from the village which is a pleasant 30 min or so walk away. Went to Annecy by ferry and back by the bus.

Room Tip: Go for balcony lake view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lotuseater45
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here with my mother, my children and with my husband and we all left feeling better than when we arrived. Aurelie may be the main reason, as she is the most friendly hotelier in France! The rooms vary depending on the number of beds required, but the views are picture-postcard pretty! My family and i were delighted with the buffet breakfast and the dinners were impressively good! We hope to go again, as soon as they have a room available!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple