Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$45
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$461
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2019

We had booked for dinner and one overnight stay at the Maison Pic with a package promoting their 130 anniversary. It was the first time we stayed there, and liked it very much. The hotel is very cosy and our room was facing the kitchen and pastry kitchen, which was fun to watch ! Dinner was excellent with very good service. The only "negative" point to note was the timing of the amuse bouche, being served late when we had nearly finished our glass of champagne (at the bar).

Room tip: We loved our room facing the kitchen !
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019

When we arrived I wasn't quite sure what to expect, which means what we got was that much more. The hotel room was a fantastic mix of modern, comfortable, spacious and so beautifully finished. Little touches everywhere including Hermes toiletries. On arrival they said that they had reserved a table in the fine dining restaurant if we would like it, looking around we quickly decided that we probably did. I knew we were in for an expensive evening when the wine list, sorry book, arrived, but there were some affordable gems in there. The menu, be prepared, it is not a'la carte as such, but a select number of dishes and depending on which menu you go for basically selects the number of dishes, however nothing is too much trouble and if you want to substitute a course or add one on, no problem for them. The food, it is a long time since I have eaten something that I have never tasted before, and it was so very clever and delicious. I gave up watching Masterchef as I thought it was getting a bit ridiculous with some of things and styles, well Maison Pic has put me right. Sophie Pic is a genius. With pre dinner drinks came some little tasters, I can genuinely still taste them now, in fact I could go on about the whole meal. Even breakfast the next day (I know I don't know how I managed to eat it, but..) was a jam, 10 seconds after I had eaten it there was a delayed explosion of flavour.

To finish, we were driving an old car back to the UK and I left a bag with the passports in the underground garage, we discovered it 4 hrs into the journey and it would have been impossible to go back. The hotel found a way of having it delivered to our next hotel in Troyes (250 odd miles away) by 8.30am the next day. This restaurant/hotel knocked it out of the park.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed September 30, 2019

I had such high hopes for this and after waiting almost a year I was looking forward to it.

I have a severe nut allergy which I made a point of noting when I booked (some months before) I also made a point of informing them on my arrival and I was assured that I would be catered for. At the start of the meal we was given bread in a basket, one of the three choices had nuts in it. I pointed this out and it was quickly removed and replaced with a fresh basket without the nut bread. (An honest mistake which was fine).

I had also picked the lamb sweetbreads which had no mention of nuts on the menu. When it came out the waitress told me that it was presented with an almond tart. I once again had to point out that I have a severe allergy and could not eat was given to me. It was removed and I i had to wait 15 minutes whilst my dining partner ate his course and I had nothing.

I would like to point out that on the whole the experience was exceptional with friendly staff and such beautiful cooking, but, I would expect a 3 michelin star restaurant to cater appropriately for allerfy sufferes and ensure that those guest's are not in danger (especially after being told twice).

Please be more careful in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

We were passing through Valance and looked up trip advisor for a good hotel because we didn’t know the area, and I am so glad we did.
The staff were so friendly and our suite was lovely. We booked dinner and we didn’t realise the treat that was in store.
The tasting menu was FABULOUS not cheap but worth every penny. The chef came around all the tables afterwards which was a very nice touch, she is a really lovely person.
The gardens and pool area were beautiful and very unexpected as the hotel is in the middle of the town. The dining room and public areas were beautifully decorated and the attention to detail was reflected everywhere, we loved the experience and would definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank buzz2447
Reviewed September 10, 2019

Maison Pic is a small hotel in the outskirts of Valence which happens to be a small, lovely town.
As one enters the hotel you realise the great attention to detail in the design as well as the excellent attention given by the hotel staff.
Our suite was very comfortable and provided what the more important amenities. Breakfast was excellent, and having a drink at the bar is an experience in itself. The nibbles that come with the drinks are out of this world.
The hotel has a bistro, Chez Andre', that offers excellent food with good value for money. However, the flagship is restaurant Pic. This can only be described as culinary heaven. Each plate is an experience in itself that hits your palate in a thousand ways. I've been to other Michelin-starred restaurants in the past but Pic should be in a class of its own.
Can't wait to go back.