“Great hotel...not so great customer service.”

Aqua Aurelia Suitenhotel
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Reviewed 8 January 2012

When we booked any hotel we specifically ask for quiet room, not
overlooking the street and a bath tub(rather than just shower).
So far I did not have too many problems with hotel honoring my
requests, and we travel allot. Even if upon arrival we would get room
overlooking the street, we would remind reception clerks about our
request and we would always get the quiet room.
Room at Aurelia was gorgeous!
Bathroom was pretty large, but no bath
tub. From the open window in the bathroom I heard a street noise and
after looking out the window I saw that room was overlooking very
noisy street. I called reception and said that this is not what we
requested. I was told that hotel is fully booked and they gave us an
upgrade from regular to superior suit. I sad I would rather have the
room I requested and not an upgrade.
But the next day when I talked to the manager I was told again that
hotel is fully booked and as it turned out we booked. What good is gorgeous suit, if you can't sleep because of
the street noise? All though we were given the option to keep all
windows closed and turn on air-condition, 0 degrees outside.
If we were originally told that we need to pay extra for a room with
the bathtub and not a street view, we would have paid, but we were not
given this option upon booking, upon emailing with the staff, nor at
the time of our last request.
For those of us who is not a light sleeper this hotel is perfect. Very
clean, stylish furniture and staff is actually very nice, not to
mention the underground path to Caracalla where we walked in our
bathrobes. Breakfast was also very nice. Upon checkout manager gave me
a bottle of vine as a cancellation gift, which was nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Regina Z

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a really lovely modern hotel. The room we had was more like a suite, with a large bathroom and one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in. We were overlooked, but with the flick of a switch down came exterior blinds. My husband loved being able to wander through the underground tunnel in his dressing gown to take the waters.
We didn't eat dinner in the restaurant, breakfast was excellent.
The hotel was fantastic value for money given the standard, but be warned, the area near to the hotel is very smart with prices to match.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Pretty good centrally located hotels in Baden Baden especially for those who are travelling to enjoy Caracalla therms. There is underground path to Caracalla from the hotel which makes it incredibly convenient in winter time especially. The hotel is new and clean. We were upgrades to the suite and it was fantastic facing Caracalla. The breakfast is very good and it has a little bit of everything pricing 16€. The restaurant of the hotel serves only sandwiches and small dishes so better to go out for a meal. The stuff of the hotel is multi-task managing almost any areas e.i. Reception, bar, rooms, kitchen :) it was pretty interesting to watch. The stuff is very kind and speaks different lunguages. Going to Caracalla guests receive 15% discount on entry tickets and 1h for free. High quality amenities in the bathroom as well. Overall we had a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stunning hotel rooms and in a great location, 5 minute walk to the town centre and a 200yrd walk to the Carracalla Spa.

The rooms are very spacious with stylish modern furnishings.

We didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.

Underground carpark was handy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We didn't go to Baden Baden, or the hotel, for the spa facilities so cannot comment on that aspect (although the underground link would, I am sure be very helpful) as we were simply making a stop here as a first night break in a 2 week mid-European car tour. The hotel is easily found in a good location with underground parking. We were met by an impossibly pretty and exceptionally helpful receptionist and given a very warm welcome with complimentary drink. We had booked a junior suite and were a little concerned to find it was just behind the reception area, opposite the lift and next to the breakfast room - however, our concerns were groundless as once the door was closed we were oblivious to the outside world. The room led on to a shared balcony (shared with two other rooms but we were the only ones who used it) which was enormous and had great views. The suite was big enough for a 5 a side football match and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Matched with an excellent bathroom we could not find fault with anything. This felt like a family run hotel rather than a being part of a faceless chain and the price was excellent (but not cheap) - we were later to pay a lot more for much less elsewhere on our trip. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stopped off for an overnight stay in Baden-Baden. Not wanting to waste time looking for a hotel I parked up in a car park and the Aqua Aulelia was the first one I saw. Bit more expensive than I'd hoped but decided to treat myself. The reception staff was professional, well presented and spoke impeccable English. Another bonus was a secure undergroung car park. The room was large, the facilities top notch and only a 5 minute walk into the town. Breakfast was enjoyable with very attentive and well presented staff. Had a fabulous stay here - couldn't fault it and would definately recommend this hotel. Next time I'm in Baden-Baden I'll definately stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

One of the best hotels i've been to. the staff is very helpful and friendly, the breakfast atmosphere is amazing. the rooms are really clean and well appointed. we stayed for a month in 6 rooms and it felt like home :) Thank you Mr.Shumacher & staff.

Room Tip: The ground level rooms offer a direct access to caracalla thermal