“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Review of Wolfshoehle

Wolfshoehle
Price range: US$41 - US$158
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We came here for lunch with our 2 girls after reading the reviews. My husband had the 4-course surprise menu which was excellent (needs to be ordered by 1pm). I had a great value with wonderful flavors in the lunch menu as I am not as adventurous an eater and don’t really want surprises. The children had kids plates. The service was fantastic with a great atmosphere. It is close to a parking garage and then you can also walk in Old Town. I highly recommend this restaurant. Truthfully the timing was a little drawn out to have 1 person with 4 courses, the kids with 2, and me with 3 courses. This comment is not for the Restaurant, but for consideration when ordering. In retrospect my husband would have also ordered the lunch menu.

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Be sure to reserve a table in advance - you're in for a treat. Here you can expect a warm welcome and very friendly service. Each dish was simply excellent - expertly and lovingly prepared but also creatively. We had a extraordinary meal in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Very high quality but extremely reasonable. Indeed very good value for money!
A big thank you to the team.

1  Thank 1000Brussel
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Just next to the cathedral is a charming little restaurant, tastefully appointed, friendly staff and great food.

What I enjoyed was the simple but delicious food - goat’s cheese and rhubarb starter, perfect beef and croquette potatoes and a lovely rhubarb themed dessert. The lunch menu which my partner had was excellent value for money.

This is cuisine that I like - unpretentious, simple, but perfectly executed with quality local produce - and friendly, courteous staff.
Thanks - really enjoyed it.

1  Thank Jeremy K
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We went there for having lunch! What a great experience, again! The restaurant, located in the middle of the old town of Freiburg, offers a broad band of delicious food, combined with local cuisine. The combination of herbs and spices results into fantastic dishes, all cooked to perfection. We enjoyed that meal and we can strongly recommend to go there for sure. The ambiance is nice, but the service is fantastic. The staff: young, friendly, modern dressed (stylish uniforms in combination with red sneakers - what a great idea)! Not white liveried waiters where you have the feeling they are upper class while you are "only the guest". The hosts: a warm welcome for you even you are not one of the frequent guests. It is highly appreciated! We will come again and we will advertise this location to all our friends, too.

1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed January 25, 2018

I studied abroad in Freiburg for 5 months and I planned to end my trip with a bang and I did so at Wolfshoehle. I love food and it is one of my favorite parts of traveling, I was so excited about coming here that I booked my reservation months in advance. Wolfshoehle did not let me down, yes the food is expensive but in my opinion it is absolutely worth it. I went with the degustation menu along with the wine pairings and I also started off with a glass of champagne. All of the food is phenomenal and the wine went with each course perfectly. At the beginning of the meal my waitress asked if there was anything I did not like or want and made sure to tailor the meal to what I wanted. She explained each bottle of wine and allowed me to taste it before pouring a whole glass, the courses were explained with equal detail. The dessert involved rhubarb and I personally hate rhubarb but I forgot to mention that, I obviously ate the course anyway and I was so glad I did! It was delicious! The chef here is incredibly talented and that is obvious in each course but the fact that he made rhubarb into something so delicious really amazed me. I would love to come back here.