All reviews good size friendly hotel train station would definitely stay here again breakfast room excellent breakfast within walking distance old town supermarket cheese cereal reception plugs freiburg parking cathedral
Reviewed August 21, 2018

First of all, the 'central' bit is true. You pick up the number 4 tram at the railway station, and it drops you 50 metres from the hotel. The hotel itself is down a side street, so is pretty quiet. It is more or less next door to an Edeka shop, not quite a supermarket, but great for stuff you might have forgotten, or for snacks. The hotel reception is manned 24 hours a day, and they will speak English. The formalities were all ready to go. They were kind enough to humour me with my rather rusty German. The Old Town is just past the tram stop mentioned before.
The room we had was a good size, it was clean and well equipped. Because we were at the end of the corridor, there were some eaves, so our room looked a bit bigger than some of the others along the corridor (308). Access is fine with lifts. In the lift is a note saying that there are times when the breakfast room is a little busy. We saw a bit of that but overall, it was not an issue. Breakfast itself was tasty. I prefer the meat, cheese and bread option, but there was cereal, a few hot things, a good selection overall.
As I read this back, I feel my review is understated, but the hotel really did have everything we needed.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Graham S
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Freiburg after a long train ride. The hotel staff were very kind and helpful. The hotel is within walking distances of the university and parts of the old city. An evening walk yields down great photos and visits to great sites. Don’t forget to get a döner at one of the local shops!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2017

When we were planning our second trip to Freiburg, we had questions about what we would do and where we would go. We already knew where we wanted to stay. We'd been here previously, and really liked the cozy, friendly hotel and staff, as well as where it's located.The rooms are bright and cheerful, the beds comfortable and in our case we had a couch and a table which enhanced our 5 day stay. We also enjoyed the cozy breakfast room with the cheerful artwork on the walls.The chirping cuckoo clock was bonus. :)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TCE_NRE
Anke S, Geschäftsführer at City Hotel Freiburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are glad that you have felt at home in our house and we were able to convince you with our offer.
Stay healthy and stay at the City Hotel, your home away from home!
Best regard, your City Hotel team

Reviewed December 7, 2017

This is a small hotel located in the altstadt not far from the Hauptbahnhof and airport shuttle terminus. It is within walking distance to almost all the major Freiburg attractions. Rooms are a bit small but cozy and comfortable. Breakfast was quite good. Most memorable for me were the very friendly and helpful front desk staff. A very good choice for a visit to Freiburg.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Ima R
Reviewed October 3, 2017

I had an excellent stay at the City Hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were easy and fast. The breakfast was healthy, fresh, and delicious. The room was clean and had plenty of space and amenities for my week-long stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through Freiburg.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel