See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2015

Hotel is located in the very center of Old Town, minutes walk from the Castle and the Old Bridge. Reception is located in the neighboring hotel, but I did not feel that was a problem, as the people at the reception were very friendly, spoke good English, and eager to help when asked to call a taxi. My room was on the top floor and I liked the view out of the window and updated and clean room and bathroom. There is no elevator and for some people with a lot of luggage that could be a problem, it was not for me. My room was very quiet as I asked when I booked the hotel. The only unusual thing was that the front door to the hotel did not lock, even at night, so basically anyone from the street could enter the hotel unnoticed. That said, I did not feel unsafe at any time while staying there. Breakfast had a wide variety of baked goods, cheeses and ham. Coffee was great. The breakfast is served in the restaurant downstairs, attending which is an experience on its own. I wish I had more time for enjoying historic artifacts and pictures on the walls there, I hope I will when I stay at this hotel next time I visit Heidelberg.

Room Tip: ask for quiet room when booking the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Really good location near to the center of the city and the old bridge, with a really nice landscape. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. The Breakfast was really good, but the only thing they need to add is hot milk, since if you want to add more milk than coffee, you will drink a cold latte machiatto :) because they have only cold milk. That was the only inconvenience with the breakfast, but the bread, juice, croissants, etc were perfect. Check in and Check out were really fast and under no issues.

Room Tip: No lift, so I think that the best thing to do is to ask for a room on the first floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

We chose this location as it is so central. Between the river, ideal for boat trip, and Market square and numerous bars, restaurants and shops very close by. But the street noise.....very drunk Germans were still shouting below at 3am and despite shutters and double glazing, it was impossible to sleep. It is a University city of 40000 students and my advice would be to choose your hotel very carefully away from the main pedestrianised shopping street and the river. The other downside was that the parking for the hotel is being renovated and we were directed to park 400 metres away in an underground car park. This was very inconvenient although we were allowed to park outside the hotel while we unloaded.
The room itself was very large and overlooked the street, plenty of room, very big efficient shower but a fridge would have been appreciated.
This hotel is managed by the hotel next door, the manager was very pleasant and spoke good English. Breakfast is taken in the room downstairs and is the usual ham, cheese and bread.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel for mature couples.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2015

Don't be put off by having to sign in around the corner at another hotel! There is no receptionist in the hotel but the bar staff were very helpful and informative. The tavern is a museum to old student life in Heidelberg and as such is fascinating for the basic breakfast served each day. The hotel is in the old city so walking to the main attractions is so convenient. it is set further away from the main train station so a taxi is needed if arriving that way. Our room, a double was spacious and clean with comfortable bed. A fan was provided to cool the room which was essential as we hit a very hot couple of days. The bathroom was modern and had a walk in shower. Our room overlooked a courtyard which is used for eating out in but noise was not a problem.

Room Tip: Room 15 was great for space and on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2015

This hotel is located very near (or perhaps inside?) the marketplace, below the castle. Restaurant choices within walking distance are too numerous to count. The rooms range from extremely large to extremely small, and the building is quite old, but the furniture and shower equipment, etc were in fine working order. I would stay here again if in Heidelberg.

Room Tip: I had the only room on the very top floor, I would not recommend this room! My colleagues had rooms on lower floors, and those rooms were much more spacious. If you are an older person or have difficulty climbing stairs, this hotel is not for you.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business