All reviewsthe executive loungewater taxineckar riverold townnice view of the rivernice hotelrestaurant staffwalk along the riverbit datedmain restaurantminute walkan upgradetrain stationfrankfurt airportbusiness tripstandard roomjunior suite
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is aging and showing it. The lifts are slow, the carpet worn and the decor was out of date twenty years ago. Even the ventilation system desperately needs an update. Which is a polite way of saying there was no airco and very little air at all.

That said, the staff was tremendous. Marcel in particular was friendly, professional and gave us some great recommendations around Heidelberg.

Unfortunately, without a major renovation, I’m hard-pressed to recommend this property to anyone who’s not riding the Marriott bandwagon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Karina W, Guest Relations Manager at Heidelberg Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Eric H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

My name is Karina and I am the Guest Relations Manager at the Heidelberg Marriott Hotel.
It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations.
For this, I sincerely apologize.

We are aware that our hotel doesn't offer the most up to date and stylish product at this time. Until we get a renovation we work hard to compensate that with a brilliant service of our hosts. As it seems we were able to reach this goal in your case.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you.
I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Heidelberg Marriott Hotel.

Kind regards,

Karina Winkler
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for four nights and overall our visit was fine.

Initially we were assigned to a standard room (too small) but on the river side which was gorgeous and wonderfully free of any traffic noise.

But the room was really too small for two people and so we asked to be moved and were assigned to a junior suite on the city side. Lots of traffic noise, but tolerable. But the space was multiple times better.

The on-premises dining room seems to be following a fad here in Germany. Everybody seems to be ga-ga over Chop Houses and this hotel's only restaurant has been built around this theme. Sorry, just too limiting for me and not something I'd normally choose anyway.

Everything else about the hotel worked fine and the staff were always helpful.

So, if you can book far enough in advance, choose a junior suite on the river side and I'm sure you'll be very satisfied.

Room Tip: River-facing rooms are best.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

When we were checking in there was a very rude man behind us. I came back and he was still there. The man behind the desk handled it perfectly (I even had to tell him so). He then helped us out with our needs. The rooms themselves were very clean but showing the signs of wear. Excellent workout facilities. Good breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Room was big and clean. Breakfast buffet was alright but without much variations day to day. Gym was ok but the pool is small.

The hotel is located about 900 meters from the train station.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

There is a shell petrol station nearby where u can get snacks and water.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Using short cuts and common sense, the walk from the Hbf to the hotel is far less than indicated in Google maps. On arrival, I was grateful for the efficient early checkin. My room was spacious and clean. Alas, pillows were ridiculously flaccid per the German preference but piling them up solved the problem. I paid for Executive Club access and enjoyed breakfast, evening drinks/snacks and great views overlooking the Neckar. On my weekend stay, breakfast at the Executive Club was suspended, so I partook of the complimentary (otherwise €24) American breakfast at the ground floor Grill 16 restaurant. The hotel is a hike to/fro the Altstadt so my 10,000 daily steps was easily exceeded.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple