“Good Burgers and Brews”

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

3 years of coming here on occasion and I am happy every time. Tried a burger this time and it was really good and as always, I got the sweet potato fries. I always see their mid day special and they change every week. Keeps things fresh. The beer is always different when I visit but always really good selection. This place has an old school wooden bar inside and a lovely terrace outside. It is a perfect spot for food or just to hang out and have some drinks.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Find a place on the bench outside and enjoy the afternoon sun, watch cyclists passing by and have white wine and maybe dinner. Good burgers, salads and tapas available. One of my favourite places in the past 15 years.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed October 13, 2016

I was attracted by Hemingway's location overlooking the river and by the name. But disappointed by the food and service. The service was most inattentive. After a 15 minute wait to be recognized in a nearly empty establishment I was about to leave and wished I had. The food was acceptable and with good service could have been very good. I simply could not enjoy myself here.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Somewhat unfriendly service, too many smoking guests and just ok spot. I'm sure there are many more better places in Heidelberg to grab a cocktail and bite to eat. We ordered two appetizers, one of olives, the other with speck and bread. We thought we might get a toast points with those items on top, but you had to assemble it yourself and it was the cheapest kind of bread. Germany has awesome bread but this was low quality.
I would pass on this place.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 14, 2016

The food was mediocre and the service was sullen. If you have a chance to eat somewhere else then take it. Food was very middle of the road which could perhaps be where they found some of it. Not recommended.

Date of visit: August 2016