Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Wegener(Mannheim)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewswater towerminute walk to the train stationgerman colleaguethe pool spa areamain restaurantbeautiful wateran older hotelunderground car parkcorner roomsingle bedpublic transportationbreakfast buffet isnice hotel in a great locationsmoked salmonbeautiful parkan upgradenice size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here one night in February for business. Arrived in a lobby (where you could clearly notice the smoke from the bar) around 00:00 and quickly got the key, when I got to my room on the 6th floor (has no direct elevator, first had to take it the the 5th and then walk) I noticed it to be mostly old.

After a few minutes inside I started to notice the smoky smell and the ashtray. As I had to get up at 06:00 and didn't feel like changing again, repacking and asking a different room I decided to stay with the window open.

The big mistake I made was not asking for a non-smoking room, having stayed in many hotels before I thought this was a given, I was wrong.

By 06:00 I was happy to leave. Breakfast was fine for a 4 star hotel, nothing special nothing bad.

Lastly there is no free internet, this is something unacceptable for a 100 euro per night hotel.

Overall very poor, I would not recommend it to anyone. The nice looks from the outside do not properly represent this old hotel in need of a grand refurbishment.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking (they did not offer), Do not get a room on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

my husband and i always stay at the maritim park hotel, we enjoy the service, especially from this young guy at the front desk, he had blond hair and was very nice, veyr helpful excelletn customer service, the location is great, central, walking distant to the train station and down town mannheim and across from the water tower park.

we use to live in mannheim and the hotel looks like a royal castle, very safe, very clean.

my husband plan to stay at the maritime park hotel this year again.

Room Tip: book the deluxe rooms very roomy
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

the Maritim in Mannheim is a very nice clean hotel within walking distance (400 m) of the main train station. The location is also excellent for strolling and shopping in the city center. The hotel decor is roughly art deco (German style), but is clean and well maintained. The hotel breakfast is also very good. The rooms are a little small, but comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed here on business. Great location. Hotel now feels old and outdated, with little atmosphere. Had a single room and although functional was small. Wi-fi not free which is always a negative these days. Overall very expensive for not a lot compared to many other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank waggers999
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed at the Maritim Parkhotel because I was attending a meeting at the Rosengarten conference center which is just across the square. The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the train station, just go out the front door and straight down the main street.

The hotel decor was outdated, but everything was clean. I could tell they cleaned the shower every day because they kept moving the showerhead and on my last day I put the water on without turning it and bam, water on me, water on everything.

The service wasn't that great actually, maybe it is just Germany, I don't know. I asked about how to get to the spas in Baden Baden and the woman didn't know anything about them. To get to Heidelberg (which I recommend) take the tram from right outside the hotel, it's a long tram ride but worth it. When I was in Heidelberg I walked along the shopping street, Philosopher's way (best views!) and saw the Castle (get the tour or there isn't much to see).

There is no business center in the hotel to help you ship packages and in their book they say laundry should be to them by 9 am to get it back same day but I brought my laundry down at 8:50 and they had already left.

The gym is a total joke, it is a steam room in there and I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes on the treadmill. Luckily they have an arrangement with Lifetime fitness 5 minutes away and they have an awesome gym. This was my favorite part of staying here.

There is a starbucks across the street and a natural market (like a whole foods) to pick up snacks and drinks.

And don't buy their internet, use tmobile and buy a few hours that you can use throughout your whole stay, much better and cheaper!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water tower and square
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business