The hotel is right next to the water tower in Mannheim. It is an older hotel (or at least built to look like an older hotel. The rooms are pretty typical german hotel room, although at least the room I stayed had airconditioning. This was quite a treat as Mannheim was quite warm during my stay. The breakfast buffet is good - nothing spectacular, but had a lot of variety. I wish it had more fruit.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The most positive aspect is the location. It's at the corner of Friedrichstrasse and the ringstrasse, so short walk to the shopping area, the university and the train station.
The most negative is that the TVs are ancient and only two english channels (full time news) and they charge for the internet and it's not WIFI.
Overall, an OK place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant first class hotel built in the renaissance style and located in the midst of the particulary beautiful Friedrichsplatz Jugendstil complex forms certainly the ideal framework for guests looking for that very special place. The flight of stairs flanked by columns and the vestibule finished with Carrara marble, Venetian crystal and ornamental plasterwork reflect the exclusivity and the wealth of tradition of our Parkhotel.The very special wedding ceremony! Allow yourself the pleasure of a civil wedding ceremony in the elegant and stylish wedding room of our Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim. Your accommodation is in the city centre surroundedby countless attractions. For instance the Water Tower just in front of our hotel , the principal landmark of Mannheim. Do not miss the impressive waterworks and luminous fountains. The Electoral Residence Castle, on of the largest baroque castles in the world, the oldest baroque Town Hall preserved in its original walls, the museums and the historic observatory and the Luisenpark are within easy reach from the hotel. The city location in the heart of the famous Baden and Pfalz vineyards and wineries makes it a valued destination for wine connoisseurs from all over the globe.Do you prefer your stay to be in a very special atmosphere? Then you will feel welcome in the Maritim Parkhotel in Mannheim. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim Hotel Mannheim
- Maritim Parkhotel Hotel Mannheim