“Disappointing service and room problems”

Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I requested a quiet room but was given a room on 1st floor overlooking a busy road. I contacted reception and they gave me another room, but still looked over the same road. Finally given a room at the rear but it seemed to be a smoking room, or at least smelt that way! At this stage I couldn’t be bothered complaining and potentially moving rooms once more! The receptionist was apologetic, but it did not leave me a good impression of the Radisson brand.

Room Tip: A rear room as the front is on a busy main road
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
N-SCH, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Craig,

thank you very much for your review and feedback on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the chain of events which led to your dissapointment. We have discussed your feedback amongst the team members and we absolutely understand your frustration.

However, we would like to point out that all our rooms are non smoking and it is really unfortunate that you have been allocated a room where it was obviously met with disregard by a previous guest although we are really trying to avoid such circumstances.

We really do hope that you return and we can deliver the service you deserve as our guest and we usually deliver. If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards and a Happy New Year!

Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Location and room very good but I do not like the cleaning agent of the neighbour table in my breakfast. They started with cleaning at the opening hours, which is for me a no-go.
Noise and no respect to the customer

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
N-SCH, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Robert,

thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the cleaning in the restaurant and the noise in the morning which we will definately pay more attention to. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We hope to welcome you back very soon to the hotel when coming to Stuttgart again.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve never experienced such an unfriendly welcome in an hotel in the last years. I arrived after 9pm from the airport and was happy to get two hours of sleep before I have to leave again to my DJ gig in the center of Stuttgart.

but the first thing I get to hear that the hotel is over booked and because I was „so late“ my room was given away and I will be sent to out of town Hotel Pullman. (15min drive)

no apologize and nothing from the staff later I tried to explain my situation that it makes no sense for me to go out of the city, to come back to the city for my DJ gig to go back to hotel after to come back to the city tomorrow (Train station).

But no chance.

No I have to ride in and out. pay extra taxi rides (for approx. 100,- / half covered by the hotel) plus the time I‘m loosing that i was supposed to stay at the room!!

Not to mention I’m a Carlson Club member - what doesn’t mean nothing to them.

what i don’t understand is: why they make it look like it was my fault?!

that is crazy.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
N-SCH, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Sebastian,

thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor which we very much appreciate.

Firstly, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, sometimes a hotel is overbooked for various reasons and a transfer into another hotel is unavoidable and also not in our interest. In such case we endeavour to handle this situation with as little hussle as possible for the guest concerned. It means something to us that you are a Club Carlson member in addition to being not satisfied with the impression we left upon you.

We will get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss the situation in detail. Untile then, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Previously, I have stayed in a couple of Stuttgart hotels in the centre of Stuttgart (Hotel Novum Hotel Rieker, Hotel Unger, etc) This one is much more modern than those, with the disadvantage that it's a 9-minute S-bahn ride away. Or, you can walk to the centre of town in about 20 minutes.

The hotel is clean, modern, with a bar and an Italian restaurant. Staff were really friendly. And the double-bed had a funky Philips-Hue-style neon lighting around it, whose color you could change. Nice. Oh, and they provided free bottles of water and tea & coffee in the room.

The shower was really good (even on the 7th floor) with complimentary Dove toiletries.

One problem I did get - when I checked in, I asked about breakfast, and was told it costs 17.50 CHF per person. I'm sorry, but in Stuttgart, I can get a damn good steak dinner with a big beer for this price. I can't eat 17.50 CHF worth of breakfast, so I passed, and bought myself a breakfast in town instead.

It was only when I was checking out that I saw that, actually, if you pay for breakfast when you check-in, it's only 11.50 CHF. And they even do a 8.50 CHF "budget breakfast". I don't like this.

One last plus-point: I was on the 7th floor, and my room's (free) Wifi was so good, I could watch Netflix on it. I can't remember the last hotel which I could do that in.

So, it's a great hotel, it's an out-of-town hotel.

Would I stay there again ? Honestly, yes, but only if I couldn't find a better offer in one of the central hotels, both of which include a really good breakfast in their prices. And I really missed being in the centre of town.

One last thing: when you check-in, they offer a "40 Euros business room upgrade" service, to give you a better room, with your breakfasts included. So, do the maths, and when you check-in, you have some choices to make !!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
N-SCH, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Mike,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are grateful for the impressions you have passed on which are very useful for us but also for future guests to come.

We hope to welcome you back very soon to the hotel when your next time in the Stuttgart area again.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located approx 1km from the heart of Stuttgart city center. There is a underground stop just across the road but a walk will take 15 minutes max. Rooms at the back of the hotel are very quiet and comfortable whilst rooms at street side can be a bit more noisy. Rooms are clean, shower is great, beds are comfortable. This is a very good stay for both business travelers and tourists.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacco,

Your feedback concerning the surroundings and advice regarding the room location is very usefule for future guests. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 9 nights and it made us feel like home. Everyone there were friendly, patient and humorous. They smiled all the time and they were very considerate. They offered us plugs and umbrellas when we needed them. Never push us on anything. Suitable for families.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Katy,

thank you very much for the perfect rating and reviewing your stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart.

We are really happy to receive such positive feedback and especially that you mentioned the friendly and humorous staff brings another big smile onto our faces. We have shared your review with all the staff member which will be very motivating.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

excellent location, good amenities (including a gym and sauna with city views), friendly staff. easy to access the S & U Bahn networks, would be more than happy to stay here again. Free wifi, water and tea/coffee in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
N-SCH, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear guest,

We are really happy about the "perfect rating" you gave us and will continue to strive for excellent service and guest relations. We love it!

We have shared your review amongst the entire team so it reaches especially those colleagues who contributed to the nice experience you had during your stay with us. Also your observations as well as experiences about the hotel facilities and surroundings are very useful. Thank you! Thank you!

We hope we can welcome you back very soon as our guest in the hotel and once again