“Gem in the woods!”

Relexa Waldhotel Schatten
Ranked #52 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Fabulous hotel and perfect for a getaway and business stay. Loved the gym and relaxation area. Very smart hotel. Views out the window are just into the woods no concrete structures and it's a quiet location. Great for relaxation. Missing a swimming pool and jacuzzi but sauna and steam rooms and cold tank make it worthwhile too. Could do with robes and slippers. Smoking area needs to be moved or sealed properly as it affects entrance hall. Great lovely helpful smiling staff! Arrived very early but still got checked in, no quibbles. Will return definitely.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was the most reasonably priced 4 star hotel in Stuttgart, the hotel grounds were grand but very drab and in need of attention.

The rooms were very basic below a travel lodge standard. The bed was low uncomfortable and had a duvet that hardly covered the bed.

The shower sprayed out sporadically and flooded the bathroom. The room was cold and decorated depressingly.

In the end it was no prisoner of war camp but not a pleasurable experience.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank James D
relexahotels, Manager at Relexa Waldhotel Schatten, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Dear James,

I really hope to see you here again.

Best regards

Sarah Arian
Managers assistant

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

It is incredible how hotels nowadays offer free wifi at public area for only an hour! The sauna is nice but the opening hour is rather short. They offer complimentary tea bags but you won't find hot water around! It seems to offer everything but you don't get what you want!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alice Man Kwan C
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Stayed with family in a double room. Relaxa provided little gift-surprises for my two kids which was a nice touch. There is an extensive network of trails for running that can be accessed right next to the hotel. The hotel seems to cater to business meetings and small conventions as it is a short drive to the city (yet is in a park-like setting). The staff were very accommodating of our messy kids at meal times. One would definitely need a car to get here.

Room Tip: Rooms 301, 401 are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2015

I already stayed at this hotel several times, but this stay was the worst one I had here. Usually is my room in second building up to the wellness, but this time I had room up to the entrance and it was strange. There was noise from restaurant and street direct under my window and smell from cigarettes so it wasn't possible to open window and in combination with no A/C it was strange. When I wanted to take a shower, there was no hot water in the evening.. I tried it several times during evening, but success was in the morning.

As I wrote, I was already in this hotel several times, location is really great and I love running by near lakes, wellness is clean and I like it after whole working day, I liked this hotel, but this stay was bad experience. Breakfast was better in the past too.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2015

It gives you a feel of a resort, and is away from the city. However, it is 11 KMS and an easy drive. Good place to stay though a bit old it is maintained well. Full of greenary around, it also has a good restaurant.
good to stay and enjoy the day. value for money.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2015

This was a strange hotel, quite a large build & obviously fairly old. The surface car park is a fair walk to the hotel but there is a hidden underground car park. Check-in was painless as was finding the room. The room was weird, smallish bedroom with a nice balcony, but a huge bathroom. The room was set as a twin when we arrived but we had booked a double. When my wife phoned down to point this out we were told nothing could be done. After 5 minutes work my wife & I had pushed the beds together. Shame the hotel didn't offer to do this. I never did get a decent WiFi signal despite paying for it. The staff in the bar struggled with a sudden influx of brits wanting drinks, the young lad out of depth. A more senior member of staff to help out would have made life easier. Dinner was good, nice food & the serving staff were slick & helpful. Cost of food was average for a hotel. Sleep was OK, I have slept on more comfortable beds, but they were acceptable. Breakfast was pretty good, there is a nice verandah if the weather is better & warmer. Check out was pretty painless.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple