All reviews train station turn down service michelin star restaurant park view the main shopping street junior suite luxury hotel room service tourist information the location is perfect shopping area breakfast buffet would stay again christmas market visiting stuttgart hotel is located mercedes benz
Reviewed November 28, 2017

Returning each night from our busy & highly scheduled days to the Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten was truly a warm home coming. The hotel staff was always helpful in providing whatever needs we might have. We were unfamiliar with the city and were driving as well as taking the trains. They were helpful in giving connecting advice as well as driving directions (printed even) when necessary as we found ourselves needing to be in various parts of the city each day. They have on-site valet parking which can be hard to find in this area from our research and well worth the small charge. They took excellent care of our vehicle and had it ready within moments of request each time! It is a 2-minute walk to the main train station as well as a huge pedestrian mall with many shops & tasty bakeries. The hotel itself has several restaurants. We only had an opportunity to try two of their restaurants. Their bar restaurant, which had an AMAZING piano player on the evening we joined them and we would go back just to enjoy his talents alone! He was so much fun...incredibly talented repertoire and so very enjoyable for a relaxing evening. There was a wonderful selection of wine, beer, & cocktails. We opted for a small selection of cheeses, bread & salami to snack on followed by a phenomenal creme brule and enjoyed every bite! Our favorite restaurant in the hotel was the Weinwirtschaft by Weingut Franz Keller which was one of our best meals of our entire travels. All regional cuisine and absolutely wonderful! This is a restaurant not to be missed whether you are staying at the hotel or not in our opinion..we wished we had tried it sooner as we would have gone AGAIN! We additionally utilized room service on a couple of occasions upon late arrivals and it too was superb. The hotel is beautifully decorated and was the most comfortable of all we stayed on our travels. We opted for a Junior Suite and were very happy with the extra space provided as we were there for a week. Should you find yourself in Stuttgart...you can't go wrong selecting this hotel...top notch all the way!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Erika D
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Erika D,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such detailed and wonderful comments about your stay with us; it will be my pleasure to thank the team for providing such an excellent service to you. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectations.

It is nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel and the F&B Outlets we offer - a great thank you for your kind lines about our reopened Weinwirtschaft Franz Keller.

Thank you again so much for your positive comments about our hotel. It is a motivation for all of us to read your wonderful review.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in our hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2017

I booked this hotel not for price but for its reviews and tbh they didn't falter.
The staff make this hotel, Reception, Valet, Bar ALL were very warm and assisting.
Maps drawn by the gentleman on the bar for places to eat and drink and the receptionists where excellent even with a free brolly service.
Rooms were ok but very clean.
Lobby immaculate.

Negative - My only negative point was that the breakfast was 27 euro's each and was VERY expensive for what bit was. Spoilt what was a great weekend a little.

Room Tip: Taxi from the Airport costs 38 euros
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew C

Dear Matthew C,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much - I will forward your great comments to my whole team!

Please let me tell you that our Leysieffer Café am Schlossgarten on the ground level offers different à la carte breakfasts every day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., where the prices are lower than the prices for the breakfast buffet in our Schlossgarten restaurant.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I was in Stuttgart for business in October, and needed a hotel close to the train station. This great hotel is right across the street, so the location was perfect. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and comfortable - the room that I received was much larger than I thought it would be, and I had the advantage of looking out at the park which is right next to the hotel. In some cities the area around the train station is not always so nice, but in this case, the area is very nice and right next to one of the largest shopping streets (pedestrian) in Stuttgart. Breakfast was great and their are several restaurants right at the property. I will definitely return here in the future, especially given the outstanding service throughout my stay.

1  Thank Tony053
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Tony053,

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Stuttgart.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Very good location. Staff very friendly and helpful. An evening at the Restaurant Zirbelstube is just fantastic. We like the hotel very much as it is a kind of coming home to us. The breakfast is very well and the staff knows very well which room we prefer.

1  Thank Tiny G
AlthoffHotelGroup, Manager at Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Tiny G,

Thank you so much for your stay at the Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten and for your time to share your great feedback. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I am a fan of Althoff properties and routinely stay for business or pleasure whenever possible. The Hotel am Schlossgarten in central Stuttgart provides the best option for five star hospitality in the city with excellent service and comfortable accommodations. The front desk team immediately met my need for access to the business center prior to check in and offered assistance throughout my stay. First impressions go a long way and served as a predictor of my experience. My suite was clean, spacious and well appointed with all of the comforts of a home away from home. The restaurant options on the property were outstanding and the food exquisite. As the property is aging but still classic, the constructive feedback I might offer is an investment in select property renovations, opening of a guest fitness room and attention to the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet was great; however, other Althoff properties offer an unsurpassed gourmet experience. This is the number one option in the city and I will happily book again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room or suite overlooking the Schlossgarten on a high floor
1  Thank Scott W

Dear Scott W,

In regards to your other observations, please let me ensure you that the hotel has undergone a complete renovation of all areas including all 106 guest rooms over the past 5 years. We are continously re-renovating areas throughout the hotel and will continue to do so every year. Due to structural conditions unfortunately it is not possible to open a fitness room in our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Kind regards