“Christmas eve dinner”

Zur Post
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Bad Wiessee
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel/restaurant,
Lovely christmas eve dinner, good menu with reasonable prices as well.
We ate here a couple of times and were never disappointed.
Highly recommend.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed November 14, 2017

We chose Zur Post by default. It was a Saturday and every other place we tried was full. The menu looked pretty standard for a Bavarian restaurant. The dining room was attractive, a cut above average. The tables were covered with freshly ironed white table cloths. Our initial impression was that this was an above average restaurant.
The menu offered a wide range of selections. My wife ordered the Schweinshaxe and I the Schweineschnitzel. The waiter was rather abrupt and testy. This was surprising as we had already chosen our meals before he arrived. When the food arrived, the problems began. My pommes frites came without either ketchup or mayonnaise. I pointed this out to the waiter who returned with one packet of each. The pile of frites was quite substantial while the condiments were minimal for half the portion. Thus began the game of bringing condiments (which were apparently either in short supply or treasured).
The food was rather disappointing, particularly the meats. My wife's Schweinshaxe was unsatisfactory. The meat was greasy and the crust anything but crispy. My Schweineschnitzel, despite their large size had a greasy mouth-feel and an unpleasant taste. At 12.90€ each, neither was worth the price.
We cannot recommend Zur Post because of the poor quality of our food and grumpy service service.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner here on a Friday evening.
Food and drinks are of good quality, but the portions are rather small. Service is ok, but not really outstanding - they got our order slightly wrong. The interiors is very authentic and traditional. Overall we thought it's a good place.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

A nice typical German restaurant in the Bad Wiessee. Food portions were really gigantic, so if you order a main dish, then share the dessert with someone ) Food was good, I recommend the place

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 6, 2016

We were here as a group of 7 of us, we had reserved a table in advance as it was the weekend of the Bad Wiessee Christmas Market.

We had a lovely big table in the main restaurant area. The choice available on the menu was brilliant - one of the group was a vegetarian and there was a good choice of food and they really enjoyed the Spinatknoedel (Spinach dumplings in a cheesy sauce). I had the Kalbsrahmgoulasch. It was divine! Portion sizes are good - we where there around midday and the portions were not small but also not too big - just perfect!

I had taken a risk in booking a table here as none of us had eaten here before and I had chosen the place based on the choice of veggie meals for my friend and the location. I can honestly say the risk paid off! If I am ever in the area again I would not hesitate to go back! Absolutely fantastic!!

Date of visit: December 2016