All reviews breakfast room train station public car park bit dated quaint town nice hotel beautiful view reception area opposite direction the eagle's nest stayed for one night few minutes walk first floor local attractions main road per day top floor
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Seeing local attractions has been an item on my to-do list for a long time and now when I am finally here the comfort of Vier Jahreszeiten is what made my trip a complete success. Clean room, great breakfast with a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and meat assortiment that would make anyone happy. Friendly stuff of young polite, responsive ladies and gentlemen and cute Veronica with an extremely sexy smile on a front desk. Special thanks to Valery who'd been providing informative morning instructions what to see next.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Ilya M
Reviewed August 17, 2018

the name of the hotel promised more than it kept. The hotel seems run down. Our room had no view, but it was very quiet.
The breakfast was a little sparse but okay.
We had a nice chat with the lord of the reception, which made up for the negative points.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank heini m
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We had stayed in this hotel six years ago and wanted to return. However we found it had gone dowhill. The hotel needs refurbishment. It's a pity as it offets spectacular views from some bedrooms and the breakfast room. The staff were attentive and did their best to help. We booked 4 rooms and found that there was a big difference between them. It also has a lot of stairs so not convenient if travelling with a wheelchair or buggy.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank DeniseGib
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Maybe due to a misplaced sense of nostalgia (we stayed here many years ago in far better times for this property). When we arrived there was no lift available and I was not willing to carry luggage up several levels to our room. My wife has had both knees replaced and stairs are difficult for her. When we had stayed here before there was underground parking and a lift to floors from parking - this no longer exists, where the garage entrance was is currently a garage for an apartment house. Because of the extreme use of stairs I would not recommend this hotel to any but the very young.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Charlie_SD
Reviewed May 30, 2018

I had booked a deluxe mountain view room here, and it was a bit dated, but clean, very large, and the view was spectacular. Several people had said how close it is to the train station, and that may be true, but what they failed to talk about was the incredible steep climb and difficult path you must navigate to get from the train station to the hotel. I cannot stress this enough: Take a taxi if you have luggage you're hauling. My 22-year-old daughter and I arrived at the train station and used GPS to make the short "900 foot walk" to the hotel. The GPS took us through a lumbar/construction yard, up a gravel road, until we were facing a small path leading behind some private property. This couldn't possibly be it. We could actually see a hotel that we knew by our GPS map was near ours way up on the hill above us, but could not seem to figure out how to get up to it. We went back down the hill and started up another street in the opposite direction that looked like the way, hauling 4 pieces of luggage between us, up an incredibly steep incline. The GPS showed us moving further and further from the hotel. I decided enough was enough and attempted to call a taxi. Out of three I found on a Google search, none spoke English well enough to communicate properly with, and my German is pretty much nonexistent. I finally called the hotel for help. I explained our situation to the girl who answered, and she said the concierge could call one for us, but that he was busy. I explained we were sitting up on a hill in town with all of our luggage and were lost and losing a great deal of time, and asked if she could please call one for us, giving her the address of the hotel we were standing in front of. She stated that she could not help us and I would have to call later. I was pretty taken aback, as I have never had any hotel I have stayed at (and we travel a great deal), that has refused to assist me in such a simple matter. We trudged back down the hill and went back to the lumbar yard where the GPS had originally told us to go. One of the workers there noticed us and asked if he could help. We explained where we were going and he told us that indeed, we needed to go up the stone path and take the path that appears to go behind private property. We did as he told us, and ran into the home owner there. He confirmed that we should go behind his property. We continued up some very large inclines to the hotel.. Verrrryyyy large. I forgot to mention it was raining too lol. When we arrived, we were told our room wasn't ready. I didn't say anything else about what had happened. We just wanted to start our day. They did keep our luggage for us and we headed to the lake via taxi lol. Yes, they give you bus passes, but the busses were not running all that often the day we were there and we didn't want to waste any more time. Needless to say, we had a taxi pick us up when we were leaving the next morning as well lol. The hotel is reasonable and pretty. They do include a free breakfast, but do not serve any other meals in the hotel. There were two nice restaurants nearby however. The staff was very nice and fairly helpful, with the exception of that first girl I had spoken to. There were a lot of stairs before reaching an elevator to our room, so if mobility is an issue for you or you have a lot of luggage, you might keep that in mind when booking a room. My reservation actually said I had room 10, but we were assigned room 53. Room 10 might have been more fun to get to lol. Room 53 was pretty tho and we had a nice time there. Had a great dinner at an Italian restaurant a couple of doors down from the hotel. I apologize I don't remember the name, but it was one of only two open nearby while we were there on May 25th. Super affordable and very nice.

Room tip: Definitely worth the money for a mountain view room. The view is spectacular.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl2445
Sebastian K, Rezeption at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Berchtesgaden, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Guest,

we are really sorry for you sitution. We have really most guests and all have find to until now the way to the hotel. If have somebody more luggagy, we tall automatecly, thats you have take a taxi from train station (here is already the taxi zentrale), or can take bus from bus station directly to our hotel. (841,839)
Maybe this situation can check, thats GPS is not every time 100% correct. But thats is not feedback for us :)
We hope too, you had a good time here and hope too, thats you will never have same truble.

With best Regards