“Authentic German Cuisine”
Review of Zum Wildschutz

Zum Wildschutz
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hallo Wildschützler und alle, die es werden wollen! Wir sind ein Restaurant mit bayerischen Schmankerln und internationalen Spezialitäten im Herzen von Garmisch! Besonders beliebt sind wir für unsere frische und krosse Schweinshaxe mit Knödel und Blaukraut, die wir täglich ab 18.00 Uhr servieren! Eine Tisch- und Hax‘n-Reservierung ist von Vorteil, nachdem wir täglich nur so viele Hax‘n anbieten können, die auch in unserem Ofen Platz finden. Unsere Jungs aus der Küche, die Mädels vom Service und wir freuen uns auf Euch! Neu: Solltet ihr noch auf der Suche nach einer Unterkunft sein, schaut Euch doch auf dieser Seite einfach mal unsere Ferienwohnung „Talstation“ an!
Reviewed October 4, 2018

After a long day of visiting the sites of Bavaria I wanted the opportunity to taste German cuisine of my childhood. We found the perfect location at Zum Wildschutz with outdoor seating. We were able to view the mountains and eat excellent food. Once we got seated and finally got menu's I realized my German was not as good as it had been in the distant past. We ordered the knuckle and stuff schnitzel, goulash soup (everyone really needs to try goulash soup). Dinner was excellent. Oh by the way take cash. They do take credit cards but there is an upcharge.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to Zum Wildschutz, based on a friend’s recommendation. I had the schnitzel, which had bacon, mustard and onions stuffed in it, and it was served with fried potatoes. My wife had the pork shank, which is served with the German dumpling and red cabbage. Both of our meals were outstanding—the best we’ve had in Germany! The food arrived quickly and hot, despite the place being packed. Finally, the service was great and our waitress was extremely friendly.

Bottom Lune: look no further than Zum Wildschutz for great German Food in Garmisch—we highly recommend you try it...but I highly recommend you get a reservation, as it’s a smaller place and gets packed. We’ll definitely come back during our next visit to Garmisch.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

A large group were all in Garmish for a friend's wedding and a few of us popped in here for lunch and it was delicious!

I had the game goulash with was everything it is meant to be - rich, delicious, comforting and could have served 2 (although I of course managed it all myself).

The staff were absolutely charming and incredibly helpful, even going as far as doing separate bills for each of us.

I would highly recommend this place, although I wouldn't say that is vegetarian or vegan friendly as is listed. My 2 vegetarian friends only found 2 items on the menu and neither was vegan, although both were delicious.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 24, 2018

We went there on a busy Friday night on September the place was fully booked but they found us a spot on the outside. The food was great and reasonably prices, they also brought some blankets :-)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Ate in this excellent resturant with a large group (14 people). Service and food were excellent especially considering the range of languages we presented. The waitress was extremely pleasant and patient which is not always the case. The Hunter’s platter was exceptionally good. Many good places to eat in Garmisch but this is among the best authentic German restaurants I have experienced. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018