All reviews great location train station quiet street bottle opener restaurants and shops late check single bed a family run hotel hard boiled eggs three nights hotel is located the ground floor minute walk balcony elevator tv mountains
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We enjoyed our 2 nights here - The location is idea for walking in Garmisch (though I liked partenkirchen more, which is about a 20 minute walk) and a great base. There are parking spaces right out front.

The staff are incredibly friendly ! They are so kind and helpful, I would absolutely stay here again.

The one thing they do need to improve is the bed! This is a huge deal for us as we're hikers and like a good night's sleep. We didn't mind the small room and loved the balcony.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 1, 2018

+ Check-in: Booking.com email asking for my information prior to my arrival made the check-in process easy. + I was greeted as I stepped up to the check-in counter. + Very friendly and helpful staff. + I arrived a little earlier than 14:00 but I was still able to get my room key and check-in to my room; 15 minutes early. + I was offered a map of Garmisch and my question about nearby restaurants was also answered.
+ Hotel Location is just off the main road ‘Route 23’ in Garmisch and within 500 meters of several good eating establishments from Germany to American cuisine.
+ Entrance and Hallway: + In the hotel entrance way there are pamphlets of the various Garmisch tourist sites of interest, newspapers, and post cards. + Carpeted hallway (which absorbs noises), small one person with suit case elevator, as well as stairs to every floor. + On the 1st Floor is coin operated coke machine and + between the ground floor and the 1st Floor is a Shoe Shine Machine.
+ Room: Clean, modern and quiet. 6 Lights: Entrance way, room, bed light, bathroom light, bathroom sink light, and balcony light. + In the room are a closet with mirror, a single bed, a table, a chair, a TV, a trash can, and a luggage bench. + On the table is a folder with the Hotel Information and Services from A to Z, Wi-Fi Instructions, TV Channel list, Telephone operation instructions (however my room did not have a telephone) and a snack and wine menu. + Plus, a plate with knife and fork, a glass, bottle opener, bottle of water, an unplugged clock, and a note pad with pen. + The room also had radiator heat, carpeted floor, and a wood ceiling. - Unfortunately, there was no safe, no telephone and no refrigerator in the room. + I also had a balcony with table and chair with an outside light.
+/- The bed had a German type blanket and pillow. + The German type blankets are warm but - I find the German type pillows too thin. + The mattress was also comfortable not too soft and not too hard - No extra pillow in the closet but + there was a chair cushion, for the outside balcony chair. +/- There was a very low shelve and light above the head of the bed on the wall, that was convenient but too low on the wall.
+ The room has a solid room door that locks automatically when one shuts it. So make sure you have your room key when you leave the hotel. +/- No plastic keycard for the door lock but a metal key on ring that also opens the hotel front door, which they close at 21:00 and open again at 06:00 for security reasons. - My room door was a little difficult to open. I had to pull on the door to get the latch to clear the door frame. + Also in the room was a smoke detector with a small flashing light that did not disturb me. Also + there was a ‘Do Not Disturb/Make-up the Room’ sign on door handle.
+ Color TV: Mostly German TV Channels (which makes sense in Germany) but the TV also had channels in English (Sky News, CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.) and in Spanish, French, etc.
+ Bathroom: Small but efficient, clean, modern and quiet. A quiet flushing toilet with two flush types: normal and water saving. Automatic bathroom fan connected to light. Toilet, sink with mirror, shower, heated towel holder, and trash can. 3 towels: Bath towel, hand towel, and floor towel. And a bar of hand soap. - The shower soap dispenser was broken from the wall. I was still able to get it to dispense soap, however. The shower also was quiet. + Box of Tissues and toilet paper with extra toilet paper roll.
+ Parking: Right in front of the hotel at no extra cost.
+ Breakfast: from 07:30 to 10:00. With cereal, orange juice, apple juice, multi vitamin juice, coffee milk. Bread, Rolls, Pretzels, jelly, butter, and Philadelphia cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, etc. Sliced meats, sliced cheeses, and small individual packaged cheeses.
+ For the disabled: Elevator to ever floor and parking slots right in front of the hotel at no extra cost.
Suggestions: - Put shelve and light above the head of the bed higher on the wall, so one does not hit their head on the shelve and - put a door stopper behind the bathroom door, so the door does not bang the wall.
+ Good value for the money and I would have no problem staying here again and the next time with my partner who is a little fussier about where she stays overnight, than I.

Room tip: A room on the 3rd Floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2018

For my first trip to Germany (and Europe for that matter) we were very pleased with our stay. The hotel is located only steps away from restaurants and shops. The staff (Karin, Max & Elizabeth) were all super nice and very hospitable. The hotel is quiet, the bathroom was a nice size and the WiFi worked just fine for our needs.

Thank you and we will be back:-) David & Jess

Room tip: As for the 3rd floor, SW corner of the hotel (i believe is correct)...
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2017

We enjoyed our weekend here very much. The room was perfect, the terrace was huge and the view was lovely. Max Hartel, checked us in and took excellent care of us, especially getting us set for a late check-in. And he was able to hook me up when I forgot all of my chargers and adapters. He really saved the day. Breakfast was great and the young lady that was managing breakfast was very attentive.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank StarkEnterpr1se
Reviewed July 12, 2017

My husband, myself and two sons reserved two rooms for three nights. This is a family-run hotel. Everyone was very friendly and daily breakfast was nice. The owner's wife manages the breakfast and makes sure everyone is satisfied. The hotel is in a great location, on a quiet street, just a "block" or so from the pedestrian old city. We didn't have a car and instead relied on walking or taking the bus. We arrived at the hotel via foot from the train station...probably about 20-25 minute walk. We would definitely stay here again.

Note: The rooms are not air conditioned, so it's wise to lower the metal shutters and/or close curtains to keep out the sun...and then open them up when the air cools. The hallways can get stuffy, but you can manage your room's airflow by opening your windows.

Date of stay: June 2017