Zur Schonen Aussicht Hotel Garni
Leiners Familienhotel(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
ATLAS Sporthotel(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
Mercure Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
View Hotel
Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
View Hotel
Hotel & Gasthof Schatten(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
Atlas Grand Hotel(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gasthof Drei Mohren(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
Hotel Maier Garni(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
Hotel Trifthof(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

As the name promises, the hotel had a beautiful mountain view. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. Communication and availability was a bit of an issue. The hotel does not have a reception that is continuously staffed. We checked in late and were provided with an access code for the key which didn't work. We had to make a couple of expensive phone calls to get the right code. We decided to check out early in the morning and again had to make a couple of expensive calls to reach the host and then wait a while for the host to arrive at the property to complete the checkout. Due to the early checkout we missed breakfast the next morning, but were not offered any options, such as a bagged lunch.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017

This hotel really stands up to it's name because the view of the mountains from the hotel is magnificent. The hotel is clean and warm and the staff is very friendly and speaks English. The breakfast was awesome too!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 1630 on Saturday and were told that a hotel clerk gave our room away since she thought Expedia cancelled which was not the truth. After being told this, I got Expedia on the phone and they confirmed that we indeed had a current reservation and they ensured that she had it in the system as confirmed. But stilled blamed it on Expedia instead of owning up to it. We were then forced to search the internet and find another hotel down the street (which they paid the difference for) but the view was garbage and it was a shame that this had to happen at all. I have attached two photos of the view I was suppose to have and the view I ended up with. Even though they found us another hotel accommodation, it was sad how they just gave away our room like that and simply stated "you don't have a room and helped the next customer".

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2016

This Hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, is located on the south end of Partenkirchen, Germany up above the valley floor on the hillside across from the Olympic Ski Jump. The Hotel is not far from the main street that runs through Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Route E533 and is also on the route of a hiking trail. I stayed here in September for two days.
While I was informed about the road construction being conducted on the road between Garmisch and the Hotel via the Internet when I booked this Hotel, I also received an email just a few days prior to my trip, reminding me of the diversion of traffic and how to reach the Hotel though a back way; through the town of Schlattan, Germany. Also, in this email, from the Hotel, I was told to ring the bell when I arrived. I assumed that the email meant ring the bell at the reception counter. However, when I arrived about 13:00, I did not find a reception counter or a bell. The front door was open, so I found and asked the maid (who was very friendly) where the Reception Desk was and that I wanted to check-in. She directed me to the next door, which was the kitchen, where I found an older lady that directed me back to the front door entrance and there she checked me in. She also gave me a key (on a Wooden Key Chain) with my room key. She explained that the one key was for both my room and for the front door. Plus, she told me where to find breakfast and when breakfast was (08:00 to 10:00). Later, I realized that the email had meant, “Ring the (door) bell”.
I found my room on the 1st floor, which was ready for me when I arrived. While I was expecting odd numbered rooms on one side and even numbers on the other side of the hallway, this was not the case. Therefore, the first time down the hallway, I walked past my room because I was looking on the wrong side of the hallway. As I entered my Room #7, I found everything clean, set-up, and in working order. I had a single room with a view of the street and the gravel covered parking lot across the street. While I did not have a view of the mountains, the Olympic Ski Jump, or of Garmisch-Partenkirchen; I was secure in the knowledge that I could see my car from my room window.
The Hotel is an older building that has not been renovated in a while. My single room was very austere and had just enough space for one person. The room was decorated with a rustic Bavarian look and somewhat mismatched furniture. The lighting in the room was adequate. To keep the noise level down, the hallway had a carpeted runner the length of the hallway. However, the biggest negative in the Hotel, are the room doors. First, optically the room doors are all of various types. My room door was not designed as a Hotel room door, but was more like a door, one would find inside a home between rooms. The door had a large glass window in the middle of it and here the Hotel had glued a cover over the glass, to try to provide some privacy. Also, every time someone else opened or closed their room door, the wind draft in the hallway would rattle all the doors in the Hotel up and down the hallway. And since the doors and door frames were wood the rattling doors noise was loud. Plus, all the door hinges in the Hotel squeaked as well; which only added to the noise level. Luckily, ever night by 11:00 everyone was in bed and everything got quiet. But, of course every time anyone woke up, opened up their door at night, one could hear the door hinge squeak, the door bang shut, the other doors rattle; which them woke me up.
In addition, the movement detector for the hallway light only turned on the light when I walked towards my room but not when I left my room and walked towards the stairs. When walking from my room to the stairs, only when I was almost at the stairs, would the hallway light come on. This made it very difficult at night to see in the hallway and/or to find the light switch.
Also, the front door was not easy to open or close with one hand, when the other hand was full of suit cases, bags, etc. To get the front door lock to open or the front door to shut, properly, I had to set any items in my hands down and use both hands to either open or close the Hotel front door. Plus, I found the raw wooden key chain not very hygienically clean.
The Community Bathroom was clean and well supplied with toilet paper. However, there was no soap in the Community Bathroom and I only received a small bar in my room. While the large bathroom window had a curtain, better would be if the Community Bathroom window glass was made of fogged glass not clear glass.
My room was decorated in a Rustic Bavarian style with mismatched furniture. As I said before, my room was austere and the furniture was a combination of different styles. My Room had a wall mounted TV at just the right position to watch it from bed. The TV had at least 60 Channels in both German and English: E.g. ARD, ZDF, RTL, RTL II, BR3, BBC, CNBC, and SkyNews, etc. But, no CNN and no DMAX channel. Plus, no telephone, refrigerator, coffee maker, safe, iron or ironing board, etc.
The bed was comfortable and high enough off the floor that one could sit on the bed comfortably. The bed frame also was made to prevent anyone or anything from getting underneath the bed. The bedding was folded, lying ready and clean on the bed, when I arrived. The pillow was thick and comfortable enough and the bedding kept me warm at night.
The clothes closet was a traditional (but in bad repair) German Wooden closet painted in a Traditional Bavarian Style. One side of the clothes closet was for hanging clothes (with a few wooden hangers provided) and the other side had four wooden shelves where one could to place items.
Also, in the room was a wash basin (with hot/cold water), a mirror with lights above it, a floor towel, a folded hand towel, a bath towel, and two rods next to the wash basin to hang the towels on.
Also, in my room there was a chair, a small floor rug, and a small shelf below the TV.
When I arrived the window was open, I assume because it was a warm summer day, to keep the temperature in a livable range; which it did. And for this reason, I left the window open to keep the air circulating. However the disadvantage was the noise from outside, which was at times very loud. Especially, the noise right outside my window, due to the street traffic which at night, was often very loud and hard to ignore. It simply amazed me how fast people drove up and down this supposedly residential street; making a lot of noise. During the first night, somebody drove so fast by the Hotel with their radio blasting at 6:00 am that of course I also woke up. Unfortunately, the Hotel can do little to control this except inform the police and/or install air conditioning.
There is a gravel parking lot located directly across from the Hotel. The parking is free to guest, as promised when booking this Hotel and with enough room for about 10-15 cars.
The Hotel Breakfast is a typical European breakfast, but one of the better European breakfasts that I have had. Breakfast started on-time on both days that I was at the Hotel; 08:00 to 10:00. The Breakfast Room was well decorated in a Traditional Bavarian Style. The view of the mountains, Partenkirchen, Germany and of the Olympic Ski Jump from the Breakfast Room and from the balcony; Terrific! The Coffee machine that also makes hot chocolate; top! The food variety and freshness; great! During my first breakfast, I was asked, if I wanted scrambled eggs, by the same young women that I met when I arrived. This young woman speaks both German and English, which a few times was a great help.
I don’t know if the Hotel has Wi-Fi or not? I did not need it and I did not ask.
Check-out and paying for my stay was easy. After Breakfast, I indicated I wanted to pay and the older lady had my bill ready. I paid in cash, got my receipt, and I was on my way in 5 minutes.
This Hotel unfortunately is not ideal for the disabled. Someone disabled must first navigate the gravel parking lot, cross the road to the Hotel front door, then up one flight of stairs, and then to their room. For breakfast, they have to again navigate back down the stairs, along the road, over two steps, past a double door system into the breakfast room.
Dog and Kids are also welcome at the Hotel.
Internet: As I said, when I booked this Hotel, I saw that there was a diversion of traffic to get to the Hotel. It seems that there was construction being conducted on the street between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the Hotel. Also, a few days before my trip, the Hotel sent me an email reminding and informing me (in English) about the diversion of traffic and how to reach the Hotel; through the town of Schlattan, Germany. The email was timely and welcomed. This Hotel has its own Internet page with a lot of useful information in both German and English: A Room Rate chart, reservation page, various photos, the address and contact information (E.g. telephone number, email address, etc). In addition, the Hotel’s Internet Site has a place to post guest comments, a map with directions, and the weather report.
For the price I paid, the great breakfast, and a place to park my car, I might stay here again. However, during this trip I was traveling alone. I do not think my partner would stay here with me. She prefers a higher class of surroundings, more modern accommodations, a bathroom to herself, and a better room regardless of the price.

Room Tip: All the room doors rattle, so no room is better than another.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed 30 August 2016

I stayed in single room with shared bathroom for a weekend. In my opinion the price and quality don't match. My room was small, basic, backpacker style (sticker on the door to protect light from coming through from the hallway). Bathroom outdated. For the price I would expect proper room and top shared facilities.
In general it's nice hotel, partially renovated. Beautiful view from the terrace.
Room and facilites were very clean.
Breakfast was nice.