Perfect mix of authentic German architecture, convenience, comfort, first-class service, central location, and incredible breakfast offerings! The hotel was bustling with vacationing skiers and I imagine those like us, who were just visiting for one night. We were able to take a walk less than two blocks and landed in the pedestrian only area of the city, the social hub. Shopping, ice skating, hot chocolate, gluhwein (German hot spiced winter wine), and German restaurants of all types were all available to add to the ambience and authenticity of this winter wonderland. Our time was limited, but I was able to have my favorite schnitzel plate with authentic German beer within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel has a beautiful dining area and bar, I just needed to utilize my time wisely. Travel Advisor offered many other great restaurant suggestions. The price of $215 a night, I felt, was very reasonable for this hotel given it was still a peak holiday period. This was our business rate though, so check prices. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming and full of hospitality in a terrific location and a countrified quiescence, but still close to the centre. Let yourself be enchanted of the heavenly scenery with a grandiose view at the Wetterstein-Mountains with the Alpspitze and the Zugspitze.From here you will get to do all the sports activities and you have a short way to the congress house, the spa park, the casino and the 800 meters distant Olympia Stadium.You park in front of the hotel for free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treff Hotel Alpina Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Alpina Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen