All reviews casual dining excellent hotel coffee machine needs updating helped us plan in house restaurant two week vacation hot tub the hotel is perfectly located free street parking kids menu location is ideal alpine chalet wellness area the main train station extra bed pedestrian zone
Reviewed January 9, 2018

We stayed here for a short break before Christmas, and what an excellent choice we made. The room was lovely, with comfy chairs and sofa. The bathroom was well appointed with a walk in shower. Breakfast was very good with a range of hot and cold foods. The staff were all welcoming and very helpful. The half board option was amazing; beautifully presented, the menu was changed daily. Definitely consider this if you stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2017

I stayed at Hotel Zugspitze for one night and had a very pleasant stay. The ladies at the front desk were very accommodating, they spoke English (which was faster than my German!), and confirmed my reservation promptly. Overall, the appearance of the hotel was quaint, clean and cozy.

Parking is either street parking, which I found fills up fast, or pay to park in the garage, so I paid to park in the garage (about 10 euro). It was nice not to have to scrape snow off my car...but if you're traveling on a budget, plan to arrive before work lets out so you can find street parking.

The room was small but entirely adequate. I had a desk, full bed, shrunk & private bath. The best part about the bath--the floors were heated! What a nice touch. Also, the bathroom had a radio built into the light switch, which I found thoroughly amusing, so I could listen to tunes while getting ready in the morning.

Perhaps the best part of the stay was the breakfast! The buffet was absolutely amazing and delicious, and the staff was completely accommodating & courteous.

Checkout was a breeze--again the ladies at the front desk made it super easy. I will be sure to stay here again the next time I come through!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Arrived very early but staff changed our room so that we could checkin immediately. The room reserved for us wasn’t ready. The staff were great on checkin, extremely helpful, even escorting us to our room. Free bottle of wine to celebrate 25 years of current ownership.
It’s a short walk from the railway station, maybe 5 to 10 minutes. We took a longer path on arrival as we went to Tourist Info first. Near the middle of where everything happens. Free afternoon teas. Very good rooms.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I've stayed at Hotel Zugspitze twice now, and had good stays both times.

Service is friendly (and english-speaking), even volunteering to call the local cable-car to confirm whether it was open or not before we drove out to it.

The location is excellent, just a hundred meters or so from the main pedestrian area of Garmisch, but easy to drive to as well. There is some street parking nearby, but they also have a small parking garage for ~$10/day, which you probably want to reserve in advance if you think you might want a guaranteed spot.

The rooms are traditional european, but everything is clean and well maintained. The mattresses have always been firm but not hard, and the showers in good shape. If you get lucky enough to have a room facing the street, you'll also get some amazing views of the Zugspitze itself!

The amenities are excellent as well; the indoor pool area is lovely, and has both a pool and a good-sized hot tub. Breakfast is definitely above average as well!

Overall a great choice in Garmisch; maybe not the cheapest, but a good deal for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Hotel Zugspitze since 2001. It was still as enjoyable as the first time. Perfectly situated for walking to dining and shopping. Ultra clean and scrumptious breakfasts. Julia, one of the front desk persons, went above and beyond her duty to help us with a personal issue we encountered. All of the staff was excellent in all our dealings. One suggestion is to pay the €8.5 for indoor hotel parking. The free street parking right across the street is also used by local shoppers and becomes iffy sometimes. Hope to get back again some day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple