All reviewsnight receptionistfull length mirroryogurtcrispy baconwithin walking distancehotel parkingreception areastaying at this hotelspa facilitiesfamily runroom was spaciousbreakfast was excellentrailway stationevery morningtop floorbus stopbavarian hotel
Reviewed September 5, 2017

We have stayed at the Garmischer Hof hotel several times over the years. Each time was wonderful. A great room, great food, and a wonderful staff.
We went to visit Garmisch from 1-4 September 2017 and of course we would stay at our favorite hotel. Well, things were not great this time. We were given a room that was the size of a box room with a double bed in it. No bathtub, just a shower. It was just me and my husband and our two suitcases and we could not move in this room. We were not paying for a discounted room, we paid full price for a double room for 2 people as we always had in the past. We asked to be moved as this was not satisfactory. They said they could not move us until the Sunday before we left on the Monday. We spent the first 2 days and nights in a sub-standard room where we could hear the drunks on the street outside the hotel bar out for a cigarette, and on Sunday we were moved to a larger room, more in keeping with what we expected. The room was big enough but it did not have but one mirror in the room over the bathroom sink, no full length mirror at all and the bed was very uncomfortable. They are renovating their rooms and we noticed a few things in this bigger room that were not finished.
The breakfast was good, as usual. That and the location of the hotel were the only good things about this stay. Most of the staff were great, there were a couple that were a bit snippy.
I am sorry to say we will not be returning to stay at the Garmischer Hof again. It's a shame but we come to Garmisch to relax, not to trip over each other in a sub-standard room and then get moved to a room that isn't finished.

Room Tip: You might want to try the Partenkirchener Hof instead while the Garmischer Hof is being renovated
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Contacted the hotel through Booking and they never replied with my request for interconnected rooms. They gave us two rooms and they were separated by a room in the middle. Not good for a family with babies. Baby's crib was worn out. Only soap and shampoo for toiletries. No lotion. Very Uncomfortable pillows. No phone in the room, so you'd have to go to the reception for anything that you need. No coffee or tea facilities in the room. I had to ask for hot water for my baby to make milk. The fire alarm isn't installed and the room smells like paint due to the new renovations. Not all rooms are renovated and not all have the same facilities even if they were the same category.

Check-in receptionist was in a bad mood (and was always in a bad mood every time we saw her) not sure what her name was but she was thin and petite with long blond hair worn in a ponytail.

Help yourself with luggage and trolley won't fit Anything. You must go up 4 steps with luggage before you get to reception so it's not disabled-friendly. Cannot guarantee you'll get a parking at the hotel parking either. We didn't find one, so we parked on the street and had to check the time to make sure we don't get a ticket. The night Receptionist (male) was very nice, helpful and friendly. Another receptionist (during our check-out) was very friendly and sweet to us and our baby (she was tall and slim with short blond/gray hair). All other staff were nice too. We asked for help with our luggage during check out and a nice man kindly helped us (of course with a tip). There's no AC in the room, so I slept with the window open yet it was still hot.

The breakfast was just your normal stuff (bread, cheese, yogurt, scrambled or boiled eggs, cold meats and some fruit). Coffee and tea. No omelette station. I'd rather have breakfast out. Dinner was only buffet style. The bar only serves drinks and no snacks.

They have free laundry facilities for the guests or you can ask them to do it for you, and they charge you per load and not per item (so they charge you 4 euros for washing a whole bag and 4 euros for drying).

Room 15 had a nice large bathroom with a bidet (which isn't in all rooms). The window curtains are very thin which make light go through very easily and that woke me up disturbingly every morning. As I mentioned, I had to keep the window open because of no AC, and the noise from the street until late night kept me up, too (noise also came from the bar right underneath through the open window).

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's almost in the center with everything from shops, supermarkets to restaurants within walking distance.

In general, My family enjoyed their stay, but those small touches they missed affected their rating.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2017

We stayed in a family suite for several days with our three teenage boys. It was very roomy and comfortable. Everyone had their own bed (they brought in a rollaway). At the end of the day there was a balcony to relax, unwind and enjoy the mountain view. The location is perfect for visiting Zugspitze, Neuschwanstein, Innsbruck, and the Olympic Park. Just steps from the hotel is a beautiful park and a pedestrian mall full of wonderful restaurants and shops. It is also close to the train station. Breakfast was wonderful and included organic eggs, fruit, fresh breads, homemade jams, meats, and fresh squeezed orange juice. I have to commend the staff. Both the restaurant and front desk staff were great. After checking out we realized we left some clothes in the room. They overnighted our belongings to our hotel in Munich at no charge to us. I'd definitely stay at this hotel and recommend it to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Unfortunately we were only staying here for one night - would have loved to stay longer. The staff were very personable, the room was great, the view fantastic, the location made it easy to walk all over the town. We had breakfast the following morning and there was so much variety and everything was organic. It was great. The rooms were spacious along with the balcony - want to come back during our next visit to Germany.

We loved this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 23 and it had great mountain views!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

Our family (my husband and two children) stayed 7 nights at the Hotel Garmisch Hof over Christmas. Our lovely room was spacious and clean and had that Bavarian feel we were hoping for. It was the family suite for 4 people. The beds were very comfortable with big fluffy comforters for each person. My daughter and I both asked for a second comforter and they were sent right up. We had a magnificent view of the mountains and the Zugspitze from our balcony and even got to watch it snow our first night there, December 18th.
The included breakfast was very nice and all of the hotel staff was thoughtful and helpful. Every morning there was fresh eggs and bacon, an assortment of cured meats and cheeses, yogurt, fruit and breads. You can even make your own fresh orange juice. This is a Bio Hotel, so all the food and even the shampoo is organic.

Bianca was especially friendly and helpful, providing bus passes and information that helped us arrange our plans. She also graciously helped us use the laundry machine in the basement. A nice perk for a family of four traveling light for three weeks.

One of the biggest perks Hotel Garmisch Hof offers is location! It right in the middle of town, just steps from shopping, dining, Christmas Market, and the train. It is absolutely the perfect location if you are traveling without a car. You can walk everywhere or easily catch the train or bus.

My husband and I also enjoyed wine and beer from the bar inside the hotel and we're able to bring it up to our room. The spa sports a wet and dry sauna, and also an elegant foot bath.

We did not realize until the end that the bottle of water left by the housekeeper each day were each 4€. A complimentary bottle of water would have been a nice touch.

Otherwise everything was wonderful and I highly recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family