All reviews lake view cable car free canoes star service highest peak dream vacation sun loungers highest mountain in germany stayed here years ago half board gorgeous hotel every evening main restaurant swimming pool thoroughly enjoyed our stay corner room tea and coffee
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

On the website they show freshly renovated room, but reality is very different. Not even old, but also dirty. Old mattresses, dirty carpet. We requested a suite and got an old room for EUR 528 for two nights

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank travelxe
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We loved the lake views from our room. The room was clean and the double beds comfortable. ( we got the last room) Note; book ahead . Dinner was a little disappointing because the presentation was done so beautifully. The fish was dry and my husband pork under cooked. The salad bar and the dessert was the best part! The price of the room includes dinner and breakfast but, not the coffee or still water.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Explorer670297
Reviewed June 14, 2017

What a wonderful Hotel, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. There was a bit of a mix up with our room, but Vanessa went out of her way to make sure we were happy. Spacious rooms with lovely views and so close to all of the action around Zugspitze. To be honest I couldn't fault it, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view over the lake, a bit extra but well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

Clean and lots of history, large rooms, decent beds but It's out there, so after dark don't look for anything to do. We visited the summit via the train earlier in the day. Convenient location to summit train (less that 150m), dress well for the trip up, the ambient temp was 25-30f colder at the summit and wind chill easily double that.

The evenings dinner and wait staff were excellent, breakfast selection was good, dining room crowded, but for some reason I was made to feel very uncomfortable. Lots of tables were vacant but signed as reserved, I sat where I could find a space, a staff member walked up to my table and just stood there (.5m) without saying a word or giving gesture, just stared at me? I had in plain view everything I needed, looked back with a face that said yes may I help you? but not a word just stared at me? So uncomfortable I felt, it made me angry, so angry I couldn't muster a word, so without finishing my meal, I got up, checked out, met my friends and headed to the Czech Republic. Creepy end to a decent stay...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank usedsgm
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

Overall a nice 4 star hotel beautifully located right next to the Eibsee. The views from the rooms over the lake are magnificent, staff is friendly and food is decent. I also very much enjoyed the wellness area, in particular that you can jump into the lake to cool down after having been to the sauna. What really bothered me is that the wellness area does not open before 2 pm in the afternoon. This is highly unusual and is the reason why I won't come back. I would have given 4 stars, but have to deduct 1 star due to the opening hours of the spa.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple