“Great food but be patient with the service”

Hotel Muller Restaurant Acht-Eck
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a popular spot especially for bikers so they tend to fill the rooms & dining hall. We stayed here 2 nights first to see the castles & next to enjoy the many bike paths. There are mostly Bavarian specialties on the menu but our granddaughter enjoyed their Wiener schnitzel w/fries as well as their pesto pasta. The perch filet was also particularly well prepared & tasty. There is a limited wine selection but we sampled 3 of their best & were quite happy with our choices. Service is friendly & English speaking although the kitchen seems to take their time.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We stopped for 2 hot dogs and 2 sandwiches after our tour and as I bit into mine it was stone cold, my husband's wasn't but mine was. When I went to tell them she looked at me as if to say 'what do you want me to do about it', I insisted on getting a fresh one so she took the ones out of the cabinet and went to warm it up, then she threw the cold one into the bin behind the counter with a force and attitude as if I had done something wrong. It was absolutely appalling service and they weren't cheap. I don't think its out of order to expect a hot dog to be hot - the clue is in the name. Just go elsewhere or bring a picnic to eat up at the castle.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I very much enjoyed the beef tartare and the goulash suppe. Service is good and if you book ahead you can get a table with a view of Neueschwanstein Castle. Prices are high as they have a captive audience.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Rude service, and the food looked overpriced. We got seated and wanted to order a couple of side dishes for each of us (which would have cost more than a main dish). They told us we are required to order a main dish to get the privilege of ordering a side dish. Stupid. We left.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

The small menu made it hard to pick from. We were there at lunch, and you had to order from the dinner menu. They have a "lighter food" menu from 3pm to 6pm that includes sandwiches and a burger, but not during lunch or dinner and you cannot order off of that menu outside of 3-6. The food was a strange mix of selections. I had soup, bread, and a salad, and all were good.