“Nice Hotel, Good Location”

Eurostars Grand Central
Ranked #47 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Suffolk
“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend break, taking in a concert and a football game. Turned out to be an excellent choice, our room was ready at 11am when we arrived, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful and there was a complimentary plate of fruit on arrival. The room itself was large and comfortable, very modern with a nice bathroom. The hotel is a five minute walk from the nearest tube station which takes you into the Centre of Munich (only 4 stops) and also to the airport and as you would expect in Germany runs like clockwork and is very reasonably priced. We brought a 3 day multi-person pass for €52 which included return trip to and from the airport, making getting around hassle free and cheap. I went for a swim and had the pool to myself, the reception were more than accomodating when I asked for a robe to use at the pool and also supplied slippers. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
bo'ness
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here in Dec for a few days with my boyfriend whilst visiting Munich for the Christmas markets.

Hotel is very modern check in was quick and easy and room was ready for us.

Room was modern, very clean and quite large. Nice bathroom and comfortable beds.

Good location - we walked to many to the markets etc and took the train to further away places. We also got the train from the airport and the hotel is only a five min walk from the train station. (Just come up the stairs at the train station, turn right walk to the bottom of the road (at the traffic lights) and walk left and you will see the hotel. Very easy to find.

At the train station there is a small indoor area with a few shops etc, great restaurant at the back Vapiano, fresh made italian food (ive eaten in this chain in germany, dubai, vienna, london) great food at great prices!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I really struggled with deciding whether to rate this hotel a 3 or 4, but decided the upside outweighed the minor issues I had with service.

It's a very modern, large, new hotel, with huge rooms (comparable to American hotel rooms!), clear glass elevators, and super modern bathrooms. They serve a vast and varied breakfast, which is included in your stay. They also have a bar and restaurant that I ate dinner at a couple of times. The food was delicious (but beware of overcooked steaks).

The downsides of this hotel have a little to do with service and making the guest really feel at home. The guy who checked me in seemed to not care less that I was staying there. My phone didn't work when I arrived. I told the front desk the next morning, and it was still broken when I got home that evening (which I then fixed myself). The people staying above me were loud stompers and I could hear every step they took, and my room made very weird and sporadic creaking and popping noises; when I called down to reception asking for ear plugs, they didn't have any and made it seem like it was an odd request.

It was a nice hotel and very convenient for my work. It's also right off of the U bahn (or is it S bahn?) line from the airport, which is a major bonus. I would stay here again (but bring my own ear plugs).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank srlndstrm
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I've stayed here seven or eight times now and it's been consistently good, and particularly good value. At around 120 Euro per night, it's well worth the money. As a relatively new hotel, it's modern with very sleek furniture and excellently proportioned rooms (you will not find yourself wrestling with suitcases as the rooms are very spacious). Staff are efficient and helpful and I've not experienced indifferent service at any point. One of the major bonus points is that it's a stress free train ride on the S8 from Munich Airport with the station 100m from the hotel. Transport links into the centre of Munich are excellent too. Breakfast is good quality, with a good range and the bar is a great place to chill out in the evening.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank examino
London
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Was booked into this hotel through lastminute as one of their 'secret' hotels and have no complaints whatsoever about the place. Great location near the main rail station and some great beerhouses (try the Augustiner Keller down the road), comfy rooms and very friendly staff who told us about lots of places to go and visit. All in all I would highly reccomend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Hotel is easy to reach... My first time to Munich and I easily navigated from airport to a nearby train station; after a very short walk I was in the hotel lobby. Staff is friendly; amenities are great (fitness center, swimming pool, Internet that works ;)) and hotel is furnished with modern style and in excellent condition.

I booked an Expedia rate inclusive of internet and breakfast... Quite reasonable and good value. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Take rate incl Internet and breakfast; no car needed... Take S-bahn from Munich airport to Hackerbrü...