US$943
US$864
US$632
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$806
US$244
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$335
Hotel Website
US$1,050
US$941
1,410 results
All reviewsgarden restaurantblue sparooftop barclassic hotelfive star hoteltop floorwalk in closetbeautiful hotelconcierge staffbars and restaurantsspa areajunior suitemodern amenitieslarge hotelbreakfast roomexcellent locationnice bathroom
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Did you ever walk in to a hotel and think, "odd place". A bit of modern here, a bit of old there, a bit that needs renovating. So you ask yourself the question, "did they run out of money", or is it one of "those" hotels that believes that in 2016 you can still live on a reputation from the 50's/60's, but now everyone knows that you are old, overpriced and arrogant, except for the owners, management, and the old / new rich that still come here and believe that it is still cool to be at this hotel. You cannot miss them, they are always wearing something that they should not.

Yes, I have eaten in their Michelin star restaurant, excellent, but you could have also bought a small used car. Give me a break, I understand what you want to accomplish, and why, but this is not a license for absolute ridiculous pricing. I enjoyed the experience, but I will not go back because of the gauging.

I also happened to be here on a Sunday night so I decided to go this horrible cellar bar Tradervics for a drink and their was music. I had a glass of wine, that was just ok, and hello it cost me €14.00. Let me tell you, these guys are out of their mind. One suggestion when you stay or visit this hotel, always, always, check the prices out, you will be shocked.

The Spa. I think I have a closet that is bigger, whoever designed this was more concerned about creating a dining/bar area than creating a spa, fitness area.

Here is the redeeming bit, even if you do not stay here. Go to the Garden restaurant and try their classic whole sole, it is amazing.

Room Tip: Stay at the Mandarin Oriental, at least you get a decent room for the price.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed several times at the hotel and do so because of the location, rooms, and friendliness of staff. However, they continuously do seem to forget the complimentary water bottle in the room (even after mentioning it) to the point I dont think they offer it any more. The only other water bottle in the room cost €10euro.
This stay was a short 1 night in Muenich to recouperate from an Italian shoppingtrip at the spa and meet friends for dinner prior to onwards travel.
Travelling as a single woman one becomes I guess extra cautious. Some hotels especially caters to women travellers by offering floors for only women, located specifically or at least make sure to not loudy speak out your room number but write it on a note. Unfortunately this tiny safety measure has not gotten around to Bayerischer Hof where the spa reception is located by the rooftop bar..and any person sitting at their bar can overhear the spa receptionist asking you (in a bathrobe with little under..) for your room number and to top it up, ask you to confirm your last name(!). The gentleman who sat by the bar smiled and nodded in 'approval' to the info he heard and I felt quite uncomfortable and at unease.
Then I asked, still for everyone to partake in the conversation, for one of their most expensive treatments to learn that I would have to take the elevator downstairs (still in bathrobe) to either 1st or groundfloor to ask questions or schedule directly with the designated treatment staff. But, if I would then choose a 'cheaper' or simpler treatment to then come back up again and again go thru the process and schedule by the bar.
My suggestion to the hotel is to adequately train the spa reception staff to verify guests privately, answer questions or offer to call the designated staff and not send halfnaked hotelquests around the hotel.

At that point I really didnt feel like asking too many questions about the various arrangements and just went with one I happened to point to. The massage and procedure by a Canadian Lady was very good, knowledgeable and can be recommended.

By the pool, be prepared to arrange towels and remove/exchange bedtowel from previous guest.. clean ones are in a wooden box by the stairs.

The saunas and relaxing room are not too big but regular size.

In Muenich I also sometimes stay at The Charles but BH has a more direct central location and I sleep well here too. However, I always tell my friends and family to make sure to bring their own bathroom amenities as the ones from BH will ruin your hair and they dont provide enough cotton etc upon arrival. (Hyatt in Paris has a selection of shampoos etc) At BH you always need to ask for more and that is another differentiator of a true 5star hotel. A real 5 star hotel anticipate your need and solves it without you needing to start making calls and arrangements for basics.

But I will surely come again as I travel to this town often and there arent many options with pool, spa and location.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Is not the first time that i stayed in the Bayerischer Hof
Is one of the Hotels that live the 5 stars in all details. Friendly and effective staff. Restaurand and club are full. I guess that's mean that should be vood.( i didn't had the chance to check.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Innegrit_Volkhardt, General Manager at Bayerischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion about our hotel.

It's great to read that we were able to provide a pleasant experience for you in all areas.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you as our guest again.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

Despite hearing so many great things I wasn't really excited about staying here to be honest. I prefer hotels more off the beaten path or at least not in tourist central. The hotel feels like a mall with serval restaurants and shops which is not ideal for me when traveling for pleasure.

I was in Munich on business though, not for pleasure. This hotel was perfect. The staff readily and quickly helped us at all turns.

My room was #198 and took a moment to find in the grand maze that is the Bayerischer Hof, but once found it was everything and more. Tired from being on the road for over two weeks at this point it was such a treat to have a lovely bathroom with heated floors, a proper closest, and a bed slightly less firm than others encountered in Europe which was wonderful. Pro-tip: make sure you stay on the new side (rooms entered from main lobby) and not the older annex side which was not nearly as luxurious.

Room service was fast and efficient - have the papaya salad. I still crave that salad - fresh and dressed perfectly.

The old world charm that I thought I would have complete distain for was exactly the opposite. I would have stayed several more nights if given the chance.

Can't wait to get back to Munich!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are in the main building... Room 198 was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Innegrit_Volkhardt, Geschäftsführerin at Bayerischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for you in-depth review. Your comments are very important for us.

We are very pleased to read your positive feedback and even more that you felt so comfortable with us during your stay. We place great emphasis on providing our guests with a combination of tradition and modern elements in all areas to make their stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2016

This luxurious hotel won't disapoint you if you're looking for a good location with a touch of (huge) class!
Don't miss the chance to enjoy a drink at its rooftop bar and see Munich from the very best top.

Stayed: August 2016

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the nice view over the city from our roof-top terrace.

We would be happy to welcome you again.