All reviewsrooftop barfour seasonsbell staffluxury hotelrooms are beautifulcomplimentary mini barwelcome drinkwonderful hotelhofbrau housejunior suitefavorite hotelthe location is perfectconciergematsuhisagermanyhofbrauhausmarienplatz
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Having the opportunity of visiting several hotels of the chain , i really might say I AM A FAN))) The only negative was the terrible noise from the street during the night which we discussed with the manager on duty and i would say his respond was very professional and adequate. Breakfast needs huge improvement in a matter of service.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MOMUCMunich, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear galinat,

It was a pleasure reading that you are a FAN of Mandarin Oriental and we thank you for staying with us.
I am so sorry about the noise from the street and that the service at breakfast was not up to our usual standard. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused to you.
I hope that, nevertheless, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

The staff were so friendly from the moment we checked in. The bar and the lobby coffee shop staff too.
The suite was very spacious and the balcony was amazing.
The only thing I didn't like was the color choice of the wood floor and the furniture. I thought It was dull and made the room look very old.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear fofa80,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and for sharing your comment.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the balcony.
However, I regret that you do not like the wooden floor and the furnitures in the room. This is certainly a matter of taste.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband on our European travels just after Christmas 2017.

All five star hotels are the same more or less - nice rooms, pretty common areas, good restaurants, ect. But what distinguishes a true five star property for me is service and at Mandarin Oriental in Munich it is second to none. From check in and valet parking to check out and random requests it was just excellent.

First on accommodation. Our room was of a very generous size, nicely appointed and the bed was super comfortable. Big windows (which could be opened - bonus!) overlooking the streets of Old Town Munich and what I would call the best hotel shower I have experienced in a long time if ever (lots of space, excellent water pressure and so much space).

Breakfast is offered at the restaurant on the mezzanine level. It is a cozy space with comfortable seating, excellent food choices and great attentive service.

Now to service which was what made this hotel stand out to me. On arrival we were greeted by very friendly front door staff who promptly assisted with our (many items of) luggage and took care of valet parking for our car. Staff at the reception desk were equally impressive, very friendly and helpful without being overbearing. We had some matters that we needed their help with and they were excellent. First was the city congestion toll and the second was getting assistance with mending a ball dress for a new year’s function. The dress job was a tricky one as we were at the Mandarin Oriental on the 26th & 27th December leaving early on the 28th. I seriously did not expect them to find someone to mend the dress on the Boxing Day and on such short notice. I asked anyway. The dress was promptly picked up from our room, taken away and delivered back the next day not only fixed but also pressed from travel creases. All that for a very moderate price with no mark up which a tourist would often expect.

Overall Mandarin Oriental in Munich is possibly the best hotel I’ve stayed in in the last few years and this is a big call given that we travel often and stay at five star hotels and resorts only. It is a perfect marriage of good style, comfortable rooms, nice food and excellent service. This, from now on, will be my one and only hotel when staying in Munich.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Eva1607,

Thank you for having taken the time to express and share your appreciation on your memorable stay at Mandarin Oriental, Munich. I am overwhelmed by this fantastic comment.

It was much pleasure reading your detailed report and I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our high service standard. Your praise is well received by the colleagues and they are thrilled that you appreciated their legendary service from the heart.

We thank you for being such a wonderful and supportive “FAN” of Mandarin Oriental and are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to your home away from home.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

The only place to stay in Munich. It is an oasis of calm. It’s so central and on a quiet street. It’s within walking distance of many attractions. Naturally the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.

The room was very peaceful. I was apprehensive about facing the road and always try and avoid it. However this is a hotel has actually got the right windows - perfectly soundproofed. I couldn’t even hear the pneumatic drill outside until I opened the window!

The minibar is complimentary which was a lovely surprise and quite rare in top end hotels. There were also plenty of welcome amenities including champagne, Thanksgiving cake, fruit and biscuits.

The cocktails in the bar were really good. Room service food was delicious. We did not get a chance to try the restaurant or spa so another visit is in order!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OneBigPenguin
MOMUCMunich, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Munich, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

Dear OneBigPenguin,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions on the occasion of your recent visit at Mandarin Oriental, Munich.

I am thrilled to learn that you had a marvelous time at our hotel and appreciated the amenities and our high service standard.

We thank you for being such a supportive “FAN” of Mandarin Oriental and are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to your home away from home in order for you to experience our Japanese Peruvian restaurant “Matsuhisa, Munich” and our beautiful roof terrace in summer.

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days.

Advantages: spacious rooms, in the center,but out of street hustle, fine furnished, all necessary amenities, truly great breakfast, good service, good restaurant on the first floor.

Disadvantages: furnished is well yet improperly-uncosy, questionable street view, cheap robes in the room, spa.. better not mentioning.

Overall it’s an okay place to stay a couple of days, but I doubtly would have stayed for longer with a loved one.

Nonetheless, its one of the best hotels in the city so far.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Андрей Г,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Munich and for sharing your impressions on our hotel.
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and liked the breakfast and our restaurant “Matsuhisa, Munich”.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mandarin Oriental, Munich.