“Alex's bar -- awesome guy at an awesome place!”

The 4YOU Hostel & Hotel Munich
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is an awesome place. And Alex at the bar down is a great guy! ... He'll help you out with how to get around Munich and save you a bundle of cash with his tips for travel. Great guy at a great place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JD_German

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm based in how cheap it was - roughly $17 AUD per night. It was definitely not the best hostel I've stayed at, but for such a price you can't really complain too much.

Rooms were not too cramped or overly spacious, organized with bunk beds and cages under the bed to lock your belongings in. Each bed had its own lamp however it seemed that there was only one powerpoint in the entire room.

Toilets were mostly clean, showers were fairly small but decent water pressure. Towels not provided, but I think you can hire one from reception.

Breakfast was included, it included mainly very processed cold cuts, pâté and bread, hard boiled eggs, or yogurts and cereals. Not bad for what you pay.

I had a lot of trouble using my iPad with the wifi, constantly disconnecting but it seemed people with laptops didn't have as much trouble as I did.

The main thing was that I felt the staff at this hostel were not particularly friendly or helpful, as I have experienced at most other hotels. Sometimes it even seemed as though they were being deliberately unhelpful - we asked for coins to use the washing machines, and they gave us change for our notes but the machine needs exact change! I would have expected the staff to know that the machine needs exact change and to give us what we needed accordingly.

Location wise, it was pretty good. Only about a 5 minute walk from the central station (hauptbahnhoff), although from the city centre (Marianplatz) it was a bit further, about a 20 minute walk, or you could take a tram/the metro if you were lazy.

Overall, decent cheap stay in Munich in a pretty good location if you want choose to travel by train.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobbiee26
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a girls night in Munich! After having my flight delayed, itinerary rerouted, and 3 planes missed they made sure my party knew where I was and when my new eta was. I couldn't have asked for better assistance!

The room was suitable and clean. Nothing fancy. We were in a 3 person private so the bathroom was clean and we had everything that we needed. The staff was even flexible in our check-out time because of my precarious situation and they also let one of us extend our stay.

The actual dormitory area was clean and the bathrooms were well kept-- this is where our individual moved for her last night. No complaints!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great staff, everyone was very helpfull and nice to me and everytime I needed something they were eager to help me with the accurate information or the best solution.
The rooms and bathrooms were very clean as well as the entire place.
It is centraly located so it is easy to find and you can get to know Munich just rumbling arround out of the hostel.
The bar was a plus. There was always people hanging arround there and I've made good friends.
Also, despite the movement arround the bar/lounge, the peace inside the dorms were never disturbed.
To sum everything up, Munich was one of the best places I have ever been and I am pretty sure that my stay in such a cool hostel took a big role in that point.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RodrigoDuarte
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My daughter and I had a very early start the following morning, and so were thrilled to find and stay at the 4You.
We had a private room and bath. Clean and fairly quiet. Although some people next door didn't think quiet meant before 2 am.
This place also includes breakfast ,which unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy, as we left at 5am.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent the weekend in Munich in a private triple room and found 4You to be perfect for us. We arrived by train and the hostel/hotel is literally just around the corner from the Hauptbahnhof which was really convenient.
Our room was clean, the bathroom was a decent size and we also had a tv and kettle. The lighting in the rooms was not the best as there was no central light just the bed-side lights which meant lighting at night wasn't great but during the day we just opened the curtains and it was no problem.
Included in the cost was breakfast which was a fairly standard continental buffet breakfast. The bar downstairs was pleasant, there is a pool table and happy hour is from 6-9pm but drinks are cheap anyway.
It could get a bit noisy, particularly on Saturday night when there was live music downstairs, but for us it was not much of an issue.
4You is good value for money and well located. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2012

a great place to see a great city. loved my stay in the hostel, alexs bar down stairs is a grat start to the night and end, if you end up to drunk after the amazing happy hour deal of a free shot to every tap beer drunk between 6 and 9. nice rooms great location, would recomend staying there. also alex like a game a pool and is easy to beat which is always fun.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo