The Charles Hotel
Hotel Website
US$590
Official Site
1,703 results
All reviewsrocco fortebeautiful hotelheated floorsconcierge staffstar hoteltrain stationrooms are largeperfect staydeluxe roomminute walkbreakfast buffethotel restaurantold citythe location is perfectbeer gardenvisiting munichmain station
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Location and rooms are great. With staff it depends. Some seem to have that natural feeling how to treat a guest and some seem to have problems to serve others. Tim's comment for example left more than a sour taste in my mouth. When my son fell ill one night and we called the concierge asking to organize 2 types of medicine from the nearby pharmacy that was the emergency pharmacy for that night (luckily only 2 min walking distance from the hotel) it took quite long (20 min) and nothing had arrived yet. I would have walked there myself but I didn't want to leave my sick son alone. When I called asking if they had organized the medicine he started teaching me: If you want your medicine earlier you should have called earlier. I would ask you to be patient. We had to find out where the pharmacy is (although I had told him already and instead of sending a taxi one of the staff could just have walked there.) This arrogant behaviour of a young staff member in a situation where I need their help really put me off. We can all be nice towards each other if everything is fine but it is the problems that show us if the service person is capable of handling these in a fashion that leaves the guest with a good feeling. The next morning we checked out very early and the 2 medicines which cost around 15 Euros had cost us 40 Euros, no explanation how they came up with that sum, no receipts from the pharmacy nor the taxi driver. As my son was still unwell we just nodded and paid.

Room Tip: Super spacious rooms. Modern bathrooms with floor heating. Breakfast personnel a bit overwhelmed. I sometimes wonder who is serving who.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Management_TCH, PA to General Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Charles Hotel.

I have reviewed the information detailing the situation in regards to the pharmacy. It is indeed true that a pharmacy is within 2-minutes walking distance to our hotel, however, the emergency pharmacy that night was a bit further away and please understand that we run errands at an extra cost.

I sincerely apologize in the manner you were addressed by our staff when requesting the medicine for your son.

We care passionately about our guests’ comfort and the opinion you gleaned during your visit is certainly not remotely representative of what we strive to achieve every day. I can only hope that you can accept my apologies for your experience.

I do hope you give us another opportunity with a return visit to The Charles Hotel.

With best regards,

Martin Hanke
PA to General Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2018

Modern luxury hotel walking distance from the station and to the city centre. Beautiful large modern rooms. Lovely spa & heated pool. Outdoor area in summer and across from a lovely park. One of the best hotel breakfasts. Not sure you can do better in Munich in this price range.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the park
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Riaan G
Management_TCH, PA to General Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a charming review regarding your recent experience at The Charles Hotel. We are very thankful of your kind comments and we very much hope to welcome you back to The Charles Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was amazing from the moment we arrived until the time we left. Staff went above and beyond with everything we needed, even having hot coffees waiting for us as we left for a 5am flight. Rooms were incredibly comfortable and cleaned spotlessly every day. Buffet breakfast was mouth watering with lots of food to choose from. Concierge staff were diligent and incredibly responsive. I have only good things to say about this hotel. We will definitely be back. It was worth every cent and more.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 52stacey
Management_TCH, PA to General Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted your experience at The Charles Hotel was so enjoyable. We are also very pleased to learn that our Concierge Team provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit to our hotel.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights, our last stop before returning to Australia. We also stayed in other 5 star hotels throughout this recent holiday and all were excellent. The Charles Hotel however would have to be the best. What helps makes a great holiday is not only the destination but its also the people. The staff were fabulous, attentive, thoughtful and they all went the extra mile to please. The hotel is modern, sleek, stylish, a great selection of eating and sitting areas, all tastefully furnished and decorated with interesting artwork. The rooms are very generous in size and extremely well appointed, with comfort, another priority. The bathrooms are also large and well appointed with heated flooring. Their breakfast offers a vast variety of quality and delicious foods, too many to list!
The hotel is just footsteps to the rail, city centre and other tourist attractions. It is also in a very quiet location.
GREAT HOTEL!

Stayed: January 2018
3  Thank kathy255068

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your very positive feedback following your 4-nights-stay at The Charles Hotel. We are thrilled being referred to as the best hotel within your recent vacation and we loved welcoming and looking after you. Our staff made your experience truly great and reading your review makes us proud.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon to your Munich home.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 4, 2018

We arrived on a long haul flight from the United States to Munich and after spending the afternoon visiting the Christmas Markets with out 4 year old, headed to bed for the night. Unfortunately the air conditioning was broken and our room became sweltering (despite this being December). We called the desk staff at 2 am and they were VERY responsive. The staff identified a new room and set-up an extra bed for our son while we waited comfortably in the lobby library. During the remainder of our stay the entire staff was very apologetic and gracious. We are very grateful to the staff at The Charles Hotel for focusing on our family's comfort during our stay and we look forward to returning to the Charles during our next stay in Munich. I would highly recommend considering The Charles.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Management_TCH, PA to General Manager at The Charles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Charles Hotel with other TripAdvisor users and once again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the issue with the Air Conditioning. I am very grateful that despite the incident you highlighted the quality of care and service that you received from our staff whilst you were staying with us. I shall enjoy sharing your great feedback with the rest of the team.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best wishes for you and your family,

Martin Hanke