“Elegant”

Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Having finally overdosed on German food, we sought something French and tried Austernkeller. The best word to describe the meal is “elegant”. The room is beautifully decorated and comfortable, with plenty of spacing between tables. The wait staff are real pros.

The menu is more French-inspired than purely French, but our meal was excellent. We shared a starter that was a sampler of five appetizers, including a tasty tuna tater. For entrees we each had a really good shrimp scampi (as I said, not purely a French menu).

The shared starter, two entrees, a shared dessert and a bottle of Gruner Veltliner came to 170 euros, including a 12% tip for our outstanding server.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Service at this restaurant is always first class, the team members are the same over the years and they all seem to enjoy their job.

The dining room is difficult to describe in terms of decor but I would highly recommend it as it will certainly give you topics of discussion as you enjoy your food.

As the name implies this place specialises in oysters but it also does a very good range of other seafood and overall has a French twist. The bouillabaisse, french onion soup, mixed starter option and the seezunge are all first class.

The only negatives are the charge for a 0.7L for bottled water and the use of plastic straws.

Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

Food is straightforward and Bavarian and th beer is fine but and this is a big but be prepared to dress down as the place is very hot inside.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

On recommendation my friend and I had dinner here on Monday. The oysters were superb. I followed them with the bouillabaisse which was one of the best I have ever had.
Interesting desserts. My colleague had fresh fig pudding which he sai was great. I had crème brulee which did not disappoint one bit.
The service was excellent - from Josef. The ambience classy.
Wine list slightly limited but the Chablis was very good.
I will be returning for sure.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

This amazing restaurant is a pure delight. Beautiful decorated with a wonderful team you gonna have a unforgettable night here. All is served fresh and this place is a highlight and insider tip in Munich. The variations of fish and seafood you will not find in any other place. I come here since 20 years and never had a bad experience. If you are looking for something special this is the place to go! The Bouillabaisse is a dream and from caviar to oysters- they have it all here. Not to forget to mention the incredible selection on champagne, wine and other beverages. This place is among my top 3 restaurants in Munich.