“Better than a Hotel...it's your own apartment in Munich!”
Review of Stollberg Plaza

Stollberg Plaza
Stollberg Plaza
Ranked #358 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Toronto, Ontario CANADA
“Better than a Hotel...it's your own apartment in Munich!”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed at the Stollberg Plaza Apartments in August 2011 for 4 days/3 nights. We had a beautiful, spacious one bedroom apartment for my two adult daughters, my husband and myself. The staff set up beds near the living room for our daughters. Believe me, this place is big enough. We felt as if we lived in this apartment. The kitchen was great, there was a sitting area in the kitchen, as well as a dining area overlooking our view. The bathroom was huge and there was tons of storage space. Katja, the manager was wonderful! Before our trip I emailed her many questions and she always responded with helpful answers. The staff were all so wonderful. Our apartment was always well cleaned and was very tidy. I can't say enough good things about this place. The internet wireless connection was perfect also. We thought it was very reasonable for our stay - much more reasonable than staying at a regular hotel. I found we had personalized service. The Stollberg Plaza is in the best possible location. Close to everything including Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, Englischer Garten, Hofbrauhaus just to name a few and it's also within walking distance to the Marienplatz train station. We took a couple of tours while we were there (went to Salzburg, Austria too) and it was so convenient. It was raining heavily this particular morning and they provided us with umbrellas! I know it's only umbrellas but places that we have stayed in the past would almost never have these small conveniences on hand for their guests. We also ordered breakfast for two mornings and it was a great spread, meat cheeses, coffee/tea, jams, nutella, buns and more. They deliver it to you at the time you want it to be delivered. I'm hoping to visit Munich again and when I do, I'm staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Room!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I was in Munich for a week and stayed at Stollberg Plaza. The charges for the apartment were very reasonable. The apartment I stayed at had a Hall, Kitchen and Dining area. It was very spacious and had an iron board and iron. The apartment complex also had a common laundry area.

The best thing about the Apartment was its proximity to the Max Planck Street. Another attraction was the french restaurant next to it, which served best french food I have had in recent times. Englesch Garten is also 20 mins walk from the Apartment.

They also arrange for breakfast at additional costs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 19 October 2010

A couple friends and I stayed at this place during Oktoberfest. We would have left the moment we walked in the building had it not been Oktoberfest. We were assured three beds. When we walked into the appointed apartment we found a couch that pulled out. A tiny dwarf may have fit on that bed but not a 5' 9'' woman. The bedroom had one full size bed - again, our legs would have hung off that thing. The carpet in that room was circa 1950 and it is clear that last occupant was a heavy smoker. The front desk people were really nice and moved us. Unfortunately, the new place, while it did have two normal beds, also had the dwarf couch (they did bring us a pull out however). The kitchen area worked but the dishes were dirty. The bathroom had mold growing from the ceiling and the shower curtain was moldy as well. In the morning, you could hear the bike tour group screaming instructions right outside the bedroom window. The saving grace - location, location, location. This place is about 3 blocks or less from the Hofbrauhaus right in the heart of Munich. Also, the rooms were big. Drink enough beer and you can sleep anywhere right?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank FishPicnic

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels