“WORST TREATMENT AND SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD IN A RESTAURAN”

Historiche Bratwurst Glocklein
Ranked #77 of 1,255 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed July 19, 2018

My wife, me and our 4 years old son arrived to dinner at 8:50PM. There was a group of 6-7 people (around 60 years old) just waiting. The waitress seat them in a table in the terrace, gave menu cards and so on... When she moved back to the restaurant I asked "fur drei?" (for three?). She didn't say anything and went on. We stood there for 15 minutes waiting to be attended. Every time she passed near us, she seemed to be very busy and I had no chance to ask her again. Even a couple from Austria (we had time to speak with them about our holidays and provenance) where around 10 minutes waiting for the bill. When finally they could pay, and left the table, I asked again if it was possible to have dinner. In this case she answered fast: it was late and restaurant was closed. I told her we where there waiting for 20 minutes but it was too late, she disappeared inside the restaurant. It was raining since 10 minutes, and we had lost 20 minutes there waiting for nothing.
I'm sure she had seen and listened us the first time(nobody is at the door in a restaurant , doing nothing, waiting for a weather report). We were really polite, trying not to interrupt waiters going in and out, or tying not to disturb when they were doing their job. I've read a comment where they say they are racist, as a group of colour people were treated in the same way. In our case my wife is a Doctor, I'm an engineer and our son wants to be fireman. I think they don't want people after 21.00. And if you arrive 10 minutes before that time, they will try to "attend" you after that hour, to have and excuse and no delays in the closing time. They are democratically disrespect.
The day before we had tried to dinner there; in that case it was 21.30 and we understood it was too late when they told us. We had dinner in a restaurant very near that zone; and service and food was very nice (also punctuation in tripadvisor is better). After second refuse, we looked for another restaurant, and finally we had dinner in a big and very famous brewery near that zone. Both dinners where ok and treatment were really nice.

3  Thank pagargal

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We stopped here after shopping at the handwerkerhof. The sausages and potato salad were so good! We even ordered more after the kids scarfed them all down! So yummy! And in such a cute location!

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Located in the quaint Craftsman Courtyard, this rustic little hide-away makes a great place for a filling lunch after a long day of experiencing Nuremburg. (I took a nice long walk around the city walls and stopped here.) Excellent service and delicious Nurnberger sausages, those little finger sized sausages grilled to a succulent perfection. Add to this a few glasses of malty Tucher dunkles and your ready to take on the day. If you have time, look around the courtyard and visit some of the quaint shops.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We have eaten a lot of bratwurst but have never seen them so small. 6 and potato salad barely a snack. Didn't think they were value for money and service was not good.

1  Thank countryman d
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We found this restaurant almost by chance, just exploring the area near our guesthouse, and having finished at the Christmas Market. It's a bit tucked away in the hand-craft market area but look for it, it's worth it!
We had the soups with pretzels first followed by traditional Nuremberg sausages with sauerkraut, served on the pewter plate, and the Eisbein, which was a great portion.
There are English menus, so just ask for one if your German is not up to scratch. We giggled a lot trying to decipher the menu until a friendly guy across from us told us to get the English version, but he was enjoying our hilarity!
If (when) we come back to Nuremberg, this will definitely be one of the places we choose to have dinner. I am hungry just writing this review, thinking of the delicious sausages!