“Relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nuernberg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nuernberg
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Wuerzburg
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

My husband and I spent a couple of days in Nuremberg after Christmas. We chose the Sheraton because of all the good reviews and the spa facilities The location, as was mentioned before, is perfect, next to the railway station and within walking distance to the "Altstadt", the old city, as well as the underground and tram. Parking is very convenient, either at the parking area next to the hotel or the underground carpark. Our room (executive room on the 5th floor) was spotlessly clean, very spacious and equipped with all amenities to make our stay as comfortable as possible - bathrobe and slippers, ironing board, flatscreen TV with a wide range of international channels, complimentary bottle of water every day, etc. And although the railway is very close not a sound could be heard in the room. All the staff are very friendly, well-trained, helpful and efficient. I do recommend a visit to the spa area on the 8th floor - there´s nothing like it at the end of a cold winter day. And you´ll have a wonderful view over Nuremberg, there are windows even in the sauna! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will certainly be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HappyGelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

About a month out before Christmas, we wanted to find a place to stay in Nuremberg... Not a good idea as there are few hotels in Nuremberg and LOTS of people at Germany's biggest Christmas Market! We didn't have much choice and so selected this hotel. Very clean, pretty good location... about half of the hotels rooms overlook a train/tracks leading to the train station... Breakfast in the morning is EXCELLENT! Room was pretty nice, but nothing extraordinary. Parking is a major pain in the ___ as it's small and requires contacting the front desk to get to your car (they actually have car elevators, which is unusual, but not convenient). Out of four individuals we dealt with at the front desk over two days, one was nice and helpful, three were extremely rude if non-helpful.
So, management be sure to remind your front desk personnel that guests are good, smiling is good, and being nice and helpful will bring you more customers!

Room Tip: Ask for a view that looks toward the old town, higher up is better...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights over the Christmas holiday. The hotel is located just 3 minutes away from the main train station and within walking distance of the Old Town and all the restaurants. Nuremberg is a relatively small city and the main areas can all be visited by foot. Upon arrival we were slightly disturbed by a roaming noise in our room (633) and asked if we could get another room. The staff kindly upgraded us to another room with larger bathroom and offered two vouchers for free drinks at the bar. Many thanks! Since most restaurants were closed on Christmas Eve, we decided to eat at the hotel. The main restaurant was fully booked as many locals were spending the evening there. Instead, we ate in the Boymann's Bar and ordered the Christmas menu, a nice 4-course meal. Service was a bit slow but it has to be expected on such occasions. We didn't have breakfast or other meals at the hotel. The rooms are big and nicely decorated in a sober but modern way. I think this property is of a higher standard than other Sheraton properties I have stayed in. A major plus was the Fitness and Spa area on the top floor. The gym is relatively small but equipped with brand-new machines. The spa was definitely a nice surprise, whirlpool, sauna, hammam, and relaxation room. All free of charge. The hotel allowed me to check-out at 4pm since I have SPG Gold status. All in all, a very nice stay. If you ever go to Nuremberg for Christmas, bear in mind that everything closes at 2pm on the 24th Dec., including the famous x-mas market. Many restaurants stay close until the 26th Dec, limiting your options over that period.

Room Tip: The area is very quiet. Executive rooms have separate bath and shower.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chzosso
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Our stay was during one of the fairs so hotel was flooded with groups of business people and it certainly seemed that here priorities are given to them. We were put in a room on the first floor next to a conference/dinner reception area overlooking a car park which is fine for us but of course there was a huge business reception going on that night so we had to constantly hear the sound of chatters, clinking glasses, and trolleys. Wondered why they chose us to be put in this room. There wasn't a bottle of water in the room so we asked the receptionist for one - she looked pretty annoyed and told us that 'There must be one in your room already !!!' like she didn't believe us but at the end she did give one to us - my, I really shouldn't have asked, it was like begging for the bottle of water.

Noisy room given to us? - fine as long as it stops by the time we go to bed; Receptionist with bad attitude? - never mind, I wasn't there to have a conversation with them anyway, BUT lack of privacy in the room was intolerable - after a long journey we wanted to take a short nap in our room; it was around 3pm and here came the knock on the door. I got out of bed to answer, it was one of the hotel staff, she said 'Sorry!' and quickly rushed away without telling me the reason why she knocked on my door in the first place... I went back to bed and 5 minutes later the knocking came again, it was another staff member who did exactly the same thing the first one did without any explanation whatsoever. This really started to annoy me given I was trying to catch a quick nap. The third knock came after another 5 min or so and this time I tried to get an explanation out of them, but to no avail, they refused to tell me anything and rushed away again. Was this a prank one must wonder. At the end we had to give up on the sleep, which I think is really unacceptable since the whole purpose of booking a hotel room is to have a place where you can 'sleep', not to mention the price we paid for a room there.

We decided to head to town instead and when we were downstairs it looked like it was going to rain so I went back to fetch an umbrella. There, a couple of mechanics were already in our room opening part of the ceiling with their tools. I asked what they were doing and at that point they must have finally realised they owed me an explanation. Another staff member rushed in and explained that there were problems with the lighting at the dinner reception area and they thought the source might be from our room ceiling. Seriously, I don't understand why they had to be so secretive about it since the beginning - were they afraid to have to offer us another room on a better floor? or were the knocks simply to get us out of the room as soon as possible so they can fix the problem while we are out and in time for their business reception?

Some nice points, there were hot pools and steam rooms on the top floor for hotel guests which was a nice feature which I thoroughly enjoyed after a day of sightseeing. The hotel room itself was spacious with comfortable bed as expected from a Sheraton. The location was right next to the main rail station and just outside the old town wall. BUT unless you are their business members I would suggest to look somewhere else. We had a much better time and sleep at the budget B&B hotel in the same area for fractions of the price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank svalbarder
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

This hotel is across the road from the railway station , subway station and also the walled old city. So nice to be able to walk everywhere It is very new. The check in wasn't very pleasant as the receptionist kept insisting I should have a hotel voucher for my booking despite me showing her all correspondence with the internet booking agency. Good sized room with turn down service. No iron or kettle though which was inconvenient. Great shower and lots of complimentary toiletries. Complimentary bottle of water was carbonated though which is not to everyone's liking. Quiet comfortable clean room. Good breakfast. Quick check out. Altogether I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I really loved the location of this hotel, you could just simple walk to station which is very near to the hotel or if you have some time to kill you can have a great time walking in the old town.

Rooms were good too, staff was very friendly and without any doubt I will book the same hotel if I return to Nuremberg.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EuroTrav2011
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in Sheraton Carlton at Nuremberg and it was very comfortable and convenient. Almost at the railway station and in the centre of Nuremberg's cultural junction.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business