All reviews beer garden room was large guesthouse reception city
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay at this 200 year old family run hotel in an oasis of calm outside the city. We stayed 3 nights as we were guests at a family wedding held in Hotel Rottner. On our first evening our al fresco supper in the peaceful and tranquil beer garden was wonderful with delicious 'small plates' to start and washed down with the 'house white wine' they personally select each year (which in 2017 is very good!). Great service from very personable, friendly staff who speak excellent English. Our room in a modern block opposite the restaurant was spacious, very well furnished, and had an amazing bathroom. Breakfast is a relaxed affair with a great selection of cold meats and cheeses, hot food to order, and a bottle of fizz open and waiting! The atmosphere at Hotel Rottner is so lovely with quaint, picturesque buildings sitting comfortably alongside a high end hotel. Whilst we didn't eat in the restaurant the wedding breakfast was a great indicator of their fine dining. We loved our stay with family and new friends and the setting for a small wedding was idyllic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2017

For a meeting in Fürth I decided to use this hotel. Which was about a 10 km drive from my appointment, also I guess about the same to the inner-city of Nürberg. Hotelrooms are spacious and have a very nice bathroom. The first room I got was quite noisy due to a fan that kept running but the problem was solved by givin me another room. Wifi is stable but not that fast, it took a while to get connected with my office home.Dinner is served in the original guesthouse and is of top quality (and on the higher end of prices) breakfast is in the modern breakfastroom, it is buffet style with a lot to choose from. However the ambiance in this room did not give me warm feelings. All in all the stay was a pleasure. the value for money on the room was very good, I paid about € 107 for bed and breakfast. O before I forget, the hotelroom was in another building as the breakfastroom and the guesthouse was in a third building. that means you have to go outside to get to either of these places which means especially in winter that you have to put on a jacket each time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

If you don't have a car the hotel has bikes but road into city was busy and I wouldn't feel comfortable riding. There is a nearby bus stop. Tickets can be purchased at reception.

My room was dated but spacious and reasonably well appointed. Very quiet.

Breakfast was included. A basic but adequate range of food. Service a bit ordinary. Sign saying eggs could be cooked to order but this didn't seem to be encouraged. Felt as though I would be imposing if I asked. I think the staff enjoy a bit of a chat in the kitchen.

In contrast, I had dinner at the hotel restaurant (closed on Sundays). The food was excellent and very well presented. The meal was moderately expensive but well worth it. Service was first class.

Public areas (including the restaurant) were quirky with a lot of unnecessary decorations (thankfully not in the rooms). Makes the place look a bit old fashioned. The restaurant and public areas need a serious dose of decluttering and some contemporary updating (all a matter of taste, I guess).

When checking in the young receptionist seemed to be new to the job but was very helpful and informative. Checking out was a bit different. Desk unattended. Rang bell, waited and waited until receptionist finally emerged from the kitchen (a mature lady different to the young person who checked me in). I think I had to wait until Madam receptionist finished her breakfast or coffee or whatever. Lucky I wasn't in a hurry.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We are here on our second night and this is one amazing hotel! The hotel is tucked away in a quiet and very small neighborhood just outside of the city center. By just outside, I mean it is only about 5km from downtown. We just drove it today and it took us less than 10 minutes to get downtown. The reception area looks like an original Bavarian design house, but the inside is very modern. What was even more surprising are the rooms, detached from the reception building, are very modern. The rooms are VERY roomy and the bathrooms are amazing! We would have no problem choosing this hotel again. You will not be disappointed! The breakfast buffet has more than enough choices and you will not leave hungry. The beds, linen, pillows, and comforter are very comfortable. No issues for parking and it is just off the highway. I cannot emphasize enough how incredible this hotel is and the area it is located at.

Room Tip: So close to the city center without the noise and bustle of the city center
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin D
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Went for a full day, the food at lunch was fantastic, served in the terrace... Good flavor and decent portion. Dinner was served in the BierGarten the steaks were delicious, the beer and wine selection is good enough and the entrees specially the Flammkuchen was great!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business