“Excellence Personified”

Ranked #12 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Excellence Personified”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Arrived late, service excellent, polite and courteous sorted out a few problems I had. Had a cheeky beer in the bar and some food and again the service was excellent as well as the "currywurst".

Right in the centre so perfect for a bit of sightseeing and all the staff have been brilliant. Rooms are nice and clean, just what the doctor ordered....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Holiday Inn is a decent hotel in Nurnberg, I must say. Nonetheless my review is going to give it a one star review.
I stayed at the hotel using my Priority Club points. My stay was free. First off we had an invasion in our room by the staff in the morning when my girlfriend had no clothes on, she was mortified. The manager really didn't care. My main problem lies in the fact that they charged my credit card 103 Euros for no reason. I thought this to be a simple problem, and a simple solution. The Assistant Manager Till, tried helping. In a somewhat rude manner. He never realized the problem, and never refunded me my money. I am a platinum member with IHG, and expected them to resolve the charge, and they won't. I have a clear shot of my bank I sent to the hotel, and IHG, and they don't know why I was charged and won't refund me.
This is outright credit card fraud... The hotel management is rude, and will not solve this. I am out around $140 USD for my "free" stay. Don't give this hotel your business, because if a problem arises most likely it will not be solved, and the hotel management will treat you poorly. I have received better service at a $10 a night Tijuana dump than I did at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BangkokRyan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Dear DrBudgie,

Thank you for posting this review and bringing this to our attention. It is our goal to provide the best customer service around and resolve any concerns you may have. I am sorry for the problems you encountered with the billing on you card. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you so we may come to a quick resolution. I have sent you a private message with more information. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was such a surprisingly positive experience: nice and clean rooms, extraordinary friendly staff everywhere, very nice and stylish sauna and gym area on the second floor and a fantastic restaurant quality.
Being in that hotel for a conference of the European Commission I enjoyed every hour of it, no kidding!
Absolutely to recommend!

Room Tip: just talk to the folks at the reception desk. My room was perfect
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel in regards to the facility, the location, morning breakfast and overall cleanliness. However I missed an extra charge on my bill during check out. The hotel put a parking charge for 12 euro per day on the bill. My mistake for not reviewing this, but did not expect the extra charge. Come to find out that one of my colleagues was also charged a parking fee. At least they asked him about it at check out, alerting him to the fact so he could have reversed immediately. When I called the hotel to get a reversal they stated their policy was to not reverse the charge, however they would check with the individual who prepared the bill and call me back that afternoon. Surprise, no call back from the hotel. This has left a very bad impression with me. Considering that I did not find the staff to be particularly friendly in the first place, this has definately influenced me to stay at the Best Western which is closer to the office on my next business trip to Nurnberg.

Room Tip: Check your bill carefully for hidden charges!
3 Thank DaveR5
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
DaveR5,

Ben J
IHG Care
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

LOCATION:
Within the main city walls of Nuremberg, this hotel is at the south-west end which is away from the central station (Hauptbahnhof) and main shopping districts within the city walls (east end and centre). By train, the U-bahn (underground/subway) connects to the Hauptbahnhof, with Weißer Turm the second station on the U1 and U11 lines, and which is only a short distance away from the hotel. Cafes and restaurants are nearby, and the rest of the central distinct, main cathedral and Christmas markets is a short walk away (10-15 minutes).

FRONT OF HOUSE SERVICE:
Staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. As we arrived very early in the day, the room was not ready on arrival, but we were offered to sit down and the room was made available earlier.

ROOMS:
We were in an apartment room in the hotel. These are a little further away but offer a generous amount of space, kitchenette (mini fridge, cooktop, microwave, kettle), iron and nice furnishings. Beds were single beds as is typical for Europe. The room had beds with a comforter on top of a sheet, chairs, table, ottoman, wardrobe, luggage stand and mini-fridge with a large LCD tv in a rotating entertainment unit - very comfortable! The Holiday Inn pillow menu is available. The room colours were an attractive gold/orange theme.

A child's bed was required, but was not able to be booked in the reservation and pricing would not show availability when entered. However, it is possible and the reservation centre or hotel staff are able to organise this.

The bathroom had a bath, shower, large mirror and toilet, also with attractive finishings. The shower head was an adequate height. Toiletries were supplied in individual Holiday Inn packaging. (See pictures.)

They are above an entry on another street (Ottostrasse). One convenience tip would be for the room security keys to be operational at this entry - I asked about this but they said that they didn't do that. However you can exit from this side doorway which is quicker when heading to the rest of the city.

AMENITIES:
Pastries are available for a limited time in the day at check-in with coffee and tea. A hub of computers with internet and office applications, plus a printer connected was available near reception (although internet was often down while there). Wifi was not included. Two bicycles are also available for use - a very nice extra!

DINING: A good American style breakfast buffet is available 7-11 a.m., but at extra cost of 15E per person/day.

OVERALL:
A pleasant, and very conveniently located hotel in Nuremberg. While there was room for improvement, these areas were tiny details. The hotel was one of the best on our trip!

Room Tip: The online booking system did not allow a child to be included; however, extra beds are available an...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank OdysseusTwo
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

A group of us stayed at the Holiday Inn Nuremberg City Center for a convention at Nuremberg Messe. The location is great, close to lots of restaurants, bars and the U-line; everything is within walking distance. We were at the hotel bar every night (Denise is a great bartender) and met lots of other Americans attending the same show. We were all upgraded to King-size rooms upon arrival (which are actually two twins pushed together), the rooms and bathrooms were very well sized. Only complaint is that an iron/ironing board must be requested, but not really a big issue. The red light district is down the street but can definitely be avoided if it bothers you. Hotel rooms are quiet. Will definitely be staying here again next year; we stayed at another hotel two years in a row, but everyone enjoyed this one much more!

Room Tip: We all booked single rooms, but were upgraded to doubles. We spoke with people that stayed in the an...
Aston Clinton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I booked this hotel for a colleague and myself as we were visiting Nurnberg for an exhibition.

Having booked and paid for two separate rooms in advance, when checking in I was stunned to hear that the hotel was full and they did not have enough rooms for us.

The manager I spoke with was rude and arrogant and was almost proud to tell me that they overbook the hotel every year for the same exhibition. Not once did he say sorry and in the end, they put is in an apartment and we had to share a room, which is not a big issue as I get on well with my colleague but the way this was dealt with was appalling.

The hotel itself is nice and no issues with that but for me the attitude of staff means a lot and I have to stay in a lot of hotels for work but this was the worst experience I have had in many years and I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business