“Outstanding!”

Ranked #1 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We are just back from a 3-day trip to Nuremberg for the Christmas market. Based upon the superlative recommendations on TripAdvisor we chose the Drei Raben as our hotel. We were extremely pleased with our choice. Ralf does everything he can to make your visit a success. He is a real treasure of information, recommendations, and ideas. We stayed in room 25 with the soaking tub in the middle of the room. I would return to this hotel again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good choice in this city.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Guelph
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My staff and I have stayed at Drie Rabens (Three Ravens) at least three times, 4 or 5 nights on each occasion, and have never been disappointed by either the lodgings or the service.

The manager, who might possibly be the owner, Ralf, has always been most helpful in all my needs, even shipping or receiving items before and after my stay. He, and his staff, are always pleasant and cordial and have provided alot of info regarding Nurnberg in terms of directions, restaurants and shopping.

They have 24 X 7 front desk service, which is rare for a small boutique hotel. They have a great breakfast and an even better "happy hour" at the end of the business day.

Before finding Drie Raben, I had stayed at the Grand many times, but now prefer Drie Raben when in Nurnburg.

In short, trying to counter the poor rating review, I'm not sure what their issue was.. I always stay in the "Three Ravens" room, which gives me a wonderful view of the city, and I have never been disappointed. My staff and I will be returning again early in 2012.

Room Tip: I always choose the "Three Ravens" room but colleagues have stayed in other rooms and and...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
italy
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The hotel develops a great idea of telling stories about the city - beautifully executed and carefully managed. The staff is kind and generous in being helpful and making you comfortable in each single thing you need to do. Always eager to provide you with excellent recommendations about what to see, do and where to eat and to make sure that you make the best of the time you're spending in Nuremberg.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2011

stay here when I travel to Nurnemberg. each room is unique. service is amazing. staff are very friendly and always have a great time. Location is excellent in this beautiful city. Service is personable and very good. As my colleague, who introduced me to this gem said, "Will never stay anywhere else while in Nurnemberg.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Ed I
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed in the Durer room: our first time encountering an art glass bathroom door.
Service was excellent at check-in. Construction had blocked most roads into the old city, and when we could only reach the hotel on foot, a staff member came back with us to the car to show us how to get there.
Breakfast was a very appealing buffet. We didn't take advantage of the afternoon wine tasting, but we like the idea!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was the hotel chosen by my husband to celebrate my birthday. His choice couldn't have been better!!!!! The room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The bathroom was again of good size. Wifi available in the bar at the lobby. The decoration is contemporary, but quite nice. Is within the walls of the city, which makes every thing accesible.
We had a few drinks with Ralph (manager) and Rebeca. They were delightfull. The people in Germany in general, but Nuremberg in specific must be about the friendliest in the world!
Needless to say that I loved my birthday celebration.

Room Tip: We had the train room. Excellent!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liliana F
Northport, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This hotel is great, the staff is great, I'll definitely return !

• Stayed August 2011