“2nd best Italian in stadtamhof”
Review of Colosseum

Colosseum
Ranked #340 of 451 Restaurants in Regensburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Very close to city center and domplatz, across the Danube off the stone bridge. Very friendly staff. I had grilled baby calamari. Good espresso machine.

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

I visited here spontaneously one evening while strolling through Stadtamhof and decided to try out this place, firstly I'm a wine connoisseur and know Exactly when white/rosè/red wine has been kept open past expiry date regardless if it was kept in fridge or not. I ordered a glass of pink rosè wine and immediately tasted that it was off and demanded a fresh bottle of wine be opened, the manager/owner came to me and wasn't very impressed that he had to throw the expired wine away and open a fresh bottle. Stingy to the core, No apology no nothing, just rudeness and unprofessionalism. I decided to try out the food regardless of the rudeness and ordered the lasagne. In comparison to many other Italian restaurants I've been to in Regensburg I rate my food here 5/10. All in all, don't waste your time here, there's many other amazingly good Italian restaurants in the heart of Altstadt Regensburg.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

This eatery charged me for tap water because it was, I was told, not on the menu. And the mozzarella promised on the menu was not visible. Normally mozzarella on a pizza is as stringy as chewing gum but on my pizza it seemed to have disappeared under the tomato topping.

Two salads: one green, the other mixed. The difference between the two -- two strips of red pepper on the mixed, although both were dressed well.

When I challenged the charge on the menu for water from the tap (Leitungswasser) I was asked whether I wanted to speak to the manager. I declined but a few minutes later I found the previously polite waitress and a man, presumbly the boss, shouting at me.

I gathered that the resto had to pay for water (hardly a surprise) so I had to be charged. Fair enough, but the charge for tap water does, as with, say, salt, also not on the menu raise a question?

Noticing that the waitress had inadvertently left one glass of water off the bill, I gave a further 1 euro to her. She took it grudgingly and I departed.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I am so unsatisfied with this restaurant, never again, i can taste off wine and the owner, an italian was so unfriendly as he had to throw away the old wine to open a new one. What i dont understand is, that when i order a bottle of wine, it should be opened at the table, but instead i got a carafe and not a bottle, very sneaky as you get off wine that way, never again, yet the lasagne i ordered was not too bad.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Always a lovely night with fine dining!!!!!!!! Tuesday night is pizza tag ;-)
From Ireland x