“Good food, bad service”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2018

This was one of the very few restaurants in which I received bad service throughout a 2 week trip through Germany. The food was good (not outstanding, but certainly tasty). However, our waitstaff and food-delivery persons were disinterested, absent, and passively rude. With all of the other dining options available in Fussen, I'd avoid this place, or get ready for sub-standard service.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

A selection of German meals like Wiener schnitzel. Everything on the menu is gluten free. 25 Euros for 2 meals and 2 soft drinks, so excellent value too. Loved it.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Very good restaurant right in the middle of Fussen. All of us enjoued our food - sasuges, schnitzel and of course beer was perfect. Very attentive service.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

My husband and I are spending New Year's in Füssen, and right next door to our hotel is the Ritterstub'n. We loved our meal here!! I was especially excited to see that they have a gluten-free menu, as I have a gluten sensitivity. There are TONS of choices on it! You can even get a GF wienerschnitzel and GF beer. I chose the "Bauernsteak" which is a pork steak that comes with a fried egg, bacon, potato fritters, and a green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It all was very delicious, a huge portion, and the best dinner I have had so far in Germany. (It is hard to find GF options in Germany, so up to this point I have had to eat pretty plain food.) For dessert I got the Coup Dänemark, which was vanilla ice cream with whipped cream, almond slices, and chocolate sauce. My husband got the almond cake with whipped cream which was also on the gluten-free menu. It was laid-back service, as most restaurants in Germany are, and we sat in the back area of the restaurant which is traditional Bavarian decor. We will definitely come back next time we are in Füssen!

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Overall, definitely worth stopping in for a meal - more locals than tourists, which made for an interesting, relaxed evening. Everything on the menu from lighter fare (for when you need to take a break from the sausages and potatoes) to tasty traditional fare. Pleasant and attentive wait-staff. Note: servers here were not fluent English speakers, and we are not fluent German speakers - but this is an adventure, so have fun working through those things as part of the experience (we never did figure out why the egg yolks were orange - but have always been able to communicate well enough in any language to order a beer :)