“Nice meal and wine”

Price range: US$11 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2017

My husband and I recently had dinner at this restaurant. As others have noted, the restaurant is popular and reservations are probably a good idea unless you're very early as we were (and even then it was busy.)

My husband ordered pasta, and I ordered the octopus starter and the arugula salad. I had expected the starter to be quite small but it was fairly large and enough for a light meal. All of the food was good, and my glass of white wine was the best I had during our trip to Germany and Switzerland.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed October 18, 2017

I know it may sound strange, but Il Pescatore is one of the most authentic and delicious Italian restaurants I've ever been to!!!

My husband and I went here after our hote conciergel had highly recommended it for a mid-week, late night meal. It's rather hard to find anywhere that is open in the small village late at night, but luckily we got a table reserved for 8pm.

What an absolute gem this place is!!! It's completely family-owned and operated, made apparent by the young Italian kids running through the kitchen while pastas and wines were continuously flowing in and out of the doorways.

We had just recently gotten engaged earlier that day, so our sweet waitress brought us celebratory spirits on the house to celebrate! This was back in November 2014 and it was such a wonderful (and delicious) choice that we encouraged friends to go recently on their trip to Füssen and they had a very similar experience! (that was this past year)

I cannot wait to go back once we make it overseas again as the service, the pasta, pizza and overall ambiance was like no other. Its very rare that you find quaint and homey cafes that make you feel like family the moment you walk in.

Thank you Il Pesca for welcoming us into your home!

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

The buschetta bread was outstanding. The truffle special was some of the best food I have had in Germany. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We went here after seeing the positive TA reviews. We ended up having to wait a while for our reserved table so sat at the bar. We started with the antipasti to share which was large and all really good - especially the seafood - bread was great as well. For main I had a pizza which was huge and had a great base and flavours. My wife had the homemade pasta special with scampi and chanterelles which had very good flavours but very light on the scampi (1.5 for the plate). Overall though it was very good

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed September 22, 2017

we needed a break from Bavarian food and found this restaurant on TripAdvisor. We called to book (recommended, as it is not large and fills up fast). We shared a table with a nice couple - I noticed that this is common in Germany. I'd never seen that before (seating multiple parties at the same table). We had pizza (my husband) and vegetarian pasta (me) and wine. The total, with water and coffee for my husband, came to around EUR 30 - very reasonable. The food came out fast, and my pasta was excellent, though maybe just a tiny bit overcooked. It was too much to finish, unfortunately. Service was friendly.

2  Thank giulietta429

Been to Il Pescatore? Share your experiences!