“This Bavarian Castles and Christmas Market Tour fulfilled our dreams.”

European Castles Tours
Book In Advance
US$58.71*
and up
Skip-the-Line: Neuschwanstein Castle Tour from Fuessen Including Horse-Drawn...
US$110.23*
and up
Bavaria Highlights Tour from Fuessen: Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, Oberammergau...
US$50.32*
Skip the Line: Neuschwanstein Castle Afternoon Tour from Füssen
Ranked #3 of 4 Tours in Fussen
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer scheduled and private day tours from Munich and Fuessen to castle, scenic, and cultural highlights in Bavaria and Austria - including Neuschwanstein and King Ludwig's other castles, Oberammergau, Rothenburg, Mt. Zugspitze, Lake Constance, Eagle's Nest, Innsbruck, Salzburg…. We also offer week-long tours in Bavaria, the Rhine region, Austria, France, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Italy, Portugal, and Ireland - with emphasis on castles, character hotels, fantastic food, and full guide services. We offer private short tours from Munich and tailor-made itineraries.
Reviewed 14 December 2014

My wife always wanted to see the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria Germany. So after many hints I decided to research tours servicing that region. As an avid Trip Advisor fan I did a quick search and kept finding consistent 5 star reviews for www.EuropeanCastlesTours.com. Look under “European Castles Day Tours” in Trip Advisor. I emailed this company and received a prompt email response from the owner, Astrid Baur. During December she combines her famous Bavarian Castles Tour with the fabulous German Christmas markets throughout the region. Perfect, since my wife also has longed to see the Christmas markets as well. Problem is, we are in retail and going on a trip during mid-December is unheard of. But Astrid had a solution to our December time restraints and with a fair surcharge, accommodated us with a private tour to fit our needs.

Let me tell you, those 5 star ratings of Astrid Baur’s, European Castles tours are well merited. The hotel accommodations, the quality of tour guides, her comfortable vans, excellent local restaurants serving traditional food, and a well paced tour itinerary made this the best tour we have ever taken. We were pleased to have Astrid, herself ,expertly guide us for the first two days and then she delighted us with her assistant, Carolin, who led us during the balance of our tour. Carolin is a ball of energy and can rattle off Germany history with you for hours. As our tour progressed, we felt that Astrid and Carolin were more like “old friends” taking you for a local tour of their country. They both are native Bavarians, have perfect command of English, and are easy to understand with a great sense of humor.

During our stay, the thick fog was playing havoc with my wife being able to see Neuschwanstein Castle clearly, which was the very reason we had taken this tour. Our last day was to be leisurely, but Carolin went out of her way, having us start our morning earlier, to make one last attempt to see the castle. We lucked out! There was Neuschwanstein Castle, majestically towering above a blanket of fog and creeping mist in the early morning light. I think I nearly filled my camera memory card with incredible shots of this Kodak moment. Oh sure, we shamelessly took smart phone selfies too! Mission accomplished.

We were very pleased with our tour and I highly recommend European Castles Tours. Astrid is moving her office early 2015 to the heart of Fussen near the train station and told me that she is expanding her operation to many more parts of Europe.

4  Thank charmking
AstridBaur, Owner at European Castles Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

Dear Charmking,

thank you so much for your wunderbar review! We are so happy you and your wife had such a great time here in Füssen and that it was everything you expected and more and of course that you got your perfect shots of Neuschwanstein. Well, as you know that was more your accomplishment then ours:) We hope to meet you again on another tour sometimes in the future, all the best and Merry Christmas to you and your wife!

Reviewed 19 October 2014

I did the Bavarian Highlights Tour and have to say this tour was as special as it was with thanks to our tour guide Peter, he had an exceptional wealth of knowledge and was so welcoming. We visited three castles over the course of the day and because of the small size of our group, Peter treated us to a scenic trip on the border of Austria on the way home. If you have only one day in Fussen or even if you have a few, this tour is a must!

4  Thank Shanwow23
AstridBaur, Inhaber at European Castles Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

Dear Shanwow23,
thank you for your feedback, we are delighted you had such a good time with Peter on your Castles Tour - we wish you lasting memories of that special day in the Bavarian Mountains. Astrid

Reviewed 17 October 2014

We had a group of seven friends/family on our trip and highly recommend this tour company.

Planning: The planning process was very easy, we planned via email and Astrid was responsive and helpful.

Tour: Mariana and Mirena were wonderful tour guides, both of them knowledgeable and personable. They arrived to our hotel in Munich early for the Castles tours. We only wanted to see Neuschwanstein Castle and they were flexible in adjusting our tour so we could stop and stay longer in Oberammergau. Our friend is handicapped and in a wheelchair and they were very accommodating throughout the day; it's the primary reason we wanted a private tour for a group and both made it a great experience. Beautiful sights and highly recommend! One out our highlights on our two week European vacation!

2  Thank TiffanyC885

Dear TiffanyC885,

thank you very much for your comment - so happy your private tour day with us is remembered as one of the highlights of your trip. Glad you enjoyed Marianna and Mirena as your guides and that all worked out well with the wheelchair. All the best, Astrid

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I was lucky enough to be on this tour several years ago. It was wonderful and perfect. Astrid Baur is the ultimate in customer service and perfection. I went by myself and felt totally at ease. I had my own room at night and had the advantage of being able to hang out with my fellow travelers the rest of the time. I loved that we stayed in the same place each night and the Landhaus Koessel is so charming and comfortable. The owner is lovely and the breakfasts each morning were wonderful. I have no complaints and am contemplating going back for the same tour next Christmas season. Hopefully with one or two daughters in tow.

1  Thank scgardengnome

Dear scgardengnome,

thank you so much for your compliments! I am so happy that the Christmas Market Tour you took with us made you hungry for more. Looking forward to seeing you again and to meeting your daughter(s)! Auf Wiedersehen from Lake Hopfen, Astrid

Reviewed 6 October 2014

Our group of 10 friends booked two tours with European Castle Tours to make the most of our 4 days in Fussen. We were not disappointed. A half-day tour to Neuschwanstein with our delightful and informative guide, Mariana, (on a picture-perfect day) was a great introduction to the history and beauty of the area. Two days later we took a full-day tour to Zugspitze, Oberammergau, and Linderhof Palace, all must-see sites. Our guide that day, Peter, was equally impressive with his enthusiasm and knowledge. While this 9-hour tour was well-planned and exactly what was advertised, we appreciated that Peter also personalized it to the needs and interests of our group. Our experiences with European Castle Tours made Fussen one of the highlights of our trip!

Dear ndove2,

thank you so much for your review - we are very happy you had such a good time with Marianna and Peter on your day tours with us and that the weather cooperated:).
Kind regards from Bavaria, we hope to seeing you again sometime, Astrid