“Traditional establishment”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We first found this place a couple of years ago on our first visit to Fussen, and liked it enough that we returned! The food is traditional Bavarian which means large helpings with a strong pork bias! We have enjoyed every meal we've had here. It is comfortable, the staff are welcoming and the service is good. It can get busy, but even then, there is no feeling of pressure from the staff to hurry you in order to accommodate others.

There are long tables, so you may find yourself sharing with others, but this is not unusual in Bavaria in my experience, and interacting with your neighbours can be very enjoyable!

We fully intend to return on our next visit to Fussen.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Staff was great and very attentive. The food was good, but not great as it was a bit greasy. Large portions, even by German standards, the schnitzel was a bit tough, but the potatoes were nice. I'm glad I had a nice beer with the meal to make it all worthwhile. I always enjoy Bavarian cuisine or I may have rated this a bit lower.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

This was our first German meal on this trip after arriving here via train from the München airport. Since we were on foot with luggage, we wanted something within walking distance of the train station, so we chose this place. The service was a little slow; however, it was outside of the normal lunch period. We both had the turkey breast accompanied with herbed butter and seasoned pan-fried potatoes. The potatoes were excellent and the turkey was great but not amazing. We both had red currant juice for our beverages. The service was pleasant and we were not rushed. I thought it to be a little pricey at 35€ for two meals, but it is a touristy area. Given a chance, I'd eat there again.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for German food. Found this place close to my hotel. Service was excellent. The server was kind and attentive. The food was delicious and plentiful. Got to experience German cuisine. If I’m the area again, I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice. The waitress was great - even attempted to teach me some German. We ordered the Bavarian platter and Schnitzel both were good but a bit overpriced for what we got compared to other restaurants in the area.