“Nice dinner, friendly staff”
Review of Zum Hechten

Zum Hechten
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Fussen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Altstadt Hotel zum Hechten
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stopped here for dinner on our only evening in Fussen. The restaurant looked nice from the other reviews, and we were not disappointed. It was early in the week and they got us in without a reservation. The dining room has tables in the bar area as well as in a dining room. Service was prompt, but of course they let you stay at the table until you are ready for the bill.
We shared a small mixed salad, then had the King Ludwig hake and grilled sea pike. Both were nice size fillets and were also delicious. A couple of local beers went very well with these dishes.
This was a really nice choice. I think I'd come back on another visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We ate here while staying at the hotel and found the food outstanding. We both received nice portions of piping hot, delicious food. The waiter was very friendly and shared a schnapps with us to end the evening. There is a wide variety of both entrees and desserts. The restaurant is a not very large and I recommend reservations as they were turning people away while we were there. Pricing was very appropriate for the meal received. It was a great place to eat in Fussen.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We have been welcomed by a kind and smiling waiter. She suggested us a typical bavarian pork knuckle and a weiss beer. The food tasted very good, so we had a nice dinner. The price was ok, so I would suggest this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This place was amazing!! Little tiny restaurant with great charm! Waitress spoke great English and the menus were also in English! Food was delish and was served immediately ! Price was very good too! I would 100% recommend this restaurant !!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Staff was very nice. Food was great also wine and beer. Reasonable price. I would be back again if I go to Fussen.