“Loved it”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Altstadt Hotel zum Hechten
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

We went there twice. We loved everything but the cheese cream soup is to die for. If you have any room left at the end, try the Kaiserschmarrn as well.

1  Thank DimitrisAndrakakis

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! We made Fussen home base and came here 3 times. Ewelina was a great waitress. If your not a beer drinker I recommend the German red wine.

1  Thank dloace
Reviewed December 31, 2017

This was our first meal in Bavaria, and it hit the spot! My husband and I decided to go simple with the bratwurst, sauerkraut, and boiled potatoes. Since I eat gluten-free I asked my plate to be served without the sauce, as sauces normally are thickened with flour. They gave me mustard packets without me even asking, which was a thoughtful touch! I got sparkling water and my husband got the King Ludwig dunkel beer (a dark beer) and loved it. He also tried 2 of their soups which were delicious, he said. The place was very cozy and lots of people were eating there (Friday night). We are coming back for New Year's Eve dinner! If you are coming here during a busy time, definitely make a reservation.

Reviewed December 30, 2017

Thank you Lonely Planet for the recommendation - you were right! Cozy and relaxed (that doesn't mean the service was 'slow' - it really was just a relaxed atmosphere of un-hurried dining). Food was great, service was friendly. Konig Ludwig Dunkel - King Ludwig's Dark Beer - is a must! A very pleasant evening!

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Great little place, found unexpectedly after most restaurants close at 2pm and a few dont accept payment by card, only cash!

Excellent English speaking waitress, super friendly and great sense of humour, made us feel very welcome.

Food was German fare, I had the breaded turkey with fried potatoes, could of done with some salad or sauce as it was a bit 'carby', but this seems to be the way with German food. We shared fried apple slices, with ice cream for dessert and it was lovely. Service is slower than we are used to in the UK, but nice and relaxed for the holiday season.