See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 27, 2015

The Hotel Dortmunder Hof is more of an inn, connected to a restaurant/bar downstairs. The hotel is definitely the second priority of the owners - it is simple and unexciting. Having said that, the rooms are of decent size - relatively spacious and not too cramped. They are clean and provide a reasonably comfortable place to stay. There is no air-con, only windows, so it can get a bit hot in summer. Note that the free wifi does not reach the upper floors or side corridor but works perfectly elsewhere.
The owners were pleasant and spoke good English. However, they were sometimes hard to get a hold of as they were busy with the restaurant. Breakfast was very nice with a wide variety of continental foods - preserves, breads, cakes, salad - and was an enjoyable experience.
The location is excellent. Although located on a quiet off street, it takes seconds to reach the historic pedestrianized heart of Würzburg. Würzburg is very small so everything is within walking distance of the hotel. It's also useful that the train station (hauptbahnhof) is only 10 minutes walk as there are a number of good day-trips that can be taken from Würzburg around Bavaria (Rothenburg, Bamberg, Regensburg, Nuremberg).
My main issue was that hotel did not advise me that I would be charged extra for breakfast. When I emailed the hotel to make a reservation, I was only offered a bed & breakfast rate. Only when I was checking out did I find out that I could have saved money by not having breakfast. I went over my emails and the hotel never mentioned that there was a bed & no breakfast rate.
As a result, when I paid at the end of my stay, I did not think the hotel was great value for money. However, I am not sure there are many better hotels in Wurzburg.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank GrojoMelbourne
Reviewed June 22, 2015 via mobile

Myself and partner lived Dortmundet Hof - we were in town for a wedding and found it to be very well located with a great staff on hand to assist! Good value for the price and an amazing restaurant as well that seemed to be frequented by locals. The street it's located on is nothing special but I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Wurzburg!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2015

This was a great hotel and location in Wurzburg. When we arrived and got luggage settled, the owner invited us to have a beer or wine. We had a triple room and surprisingly had plenty of room for European standards. We were able to comfortably walk to many of the sights in Wurzburg, the city center, bridge, etc.

The restaurant was one of the two best meals we had on our trip. I wish we could have eaten there another time.

We really enjoyed our time at Dortmunder hof.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roger G
Reviewed June 5, 2015

I returned to the Dortmunder Hof with a group of 8 in late May. This hotel is a great value right in the middle of the city. The owners, the Hennig-Rink family makes your visit very personal and go out of their way to help you get situated. The rooms are not elaborate by any means, but they are good size and the bed was extremely comfortable.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the All Saints Bridge, the main town square, the Dom and even the Residence. There are several good restaurants in the area, but the best is the Hotel's own Vinothek Tiepolo which served one of the two best meals we experienced on a 12 day visit to Central Europe that was replete with great meals.

Breakfast was a special treat with excellent coffee, a huge variety of cold cuts, breads, cakes and homemade jams and jellies.

This hotel is simply a great value with an unbeatable central location. The Hennig-Rink family is very outgoing and clearly enjoy sharing their home with you. I will definitely return to the Dortmunder Hof.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2015

Nothing much from the street, but a great four night stay. Really friendly family owners, best breakfasts ever and you must eat in the little restaurant in the evening - but book a table as early as you can (before you check in because it's really popular with locals). Good location in the pedestrian area within easy walk of everything.

Incidentally this hotel is a member of Better und Bike so they will happily store your bikes.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple