“Amazing vegan, gluten free bakery ”
Review of Jute Baeckerei

Jute Baeckerei
Ranked #1,344 of 9,465 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I was so happy to come across this amazing gluten free bakery. I had a baguette, chai latte and a lemon and poppy seed cake. I loved it all but the chai could have been stronger, I was too polite to ask, my own fault. The staff were so friendly, one woman in particular was so helpful but I forgot to get her name. I'd highly recommend this beautiful, quaint place! 95% vegan options too

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We visited the bakery on the 30th sept and had a lovely experience. Good selection of breads and cakes. The lady in the bakery was very friendly on our first visit. We enjoyed it so much we decided to go again on our second day, the 1st October. This was an entirely different experience. We arrived at the cafe and all the tables were full. So we decided despite the rain we would sit outside seen as we came all the way just to visit the cafe again. We ordered our coffee and cakes and i asked one of the staff if we could sit outside, we were told this was fine and we went and sat outside. Our drinks were then brought outside by a very disgruntled staff member, the lady dumped our coffees on the table and in a very rude tone stated 'we dont serve outside'. Before we were able to explain we had been served outside without a problem yesterday she had already stormed off. After finishing our coffees and cakes we took our cups inside and stated if we had been told you didn't serve outside we would of collected our own. In reply the staff turned around, ignored me and carried on their own conversation. Very disappointed in the rude attitude of the staff. Unfortunately i will not be returning again or reccomending to other gluten free travellers.

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

I came here excited but apparently you can order sandwiches every day of the week other than Sunday. 2 small buns with 7.20€!!! Without the coffee. The variety is very small. I won't come here again...

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Small place that is very nicely furnished offering very good gluten free bakery. We had a breakfast that was really tasty made with high quality fresh and organic ingredients. The pastries we had were not as good as the bread.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

The Gluten free among us will find true pleasure in visiting this excellent Bakery. Of course what's on offer is available to all however only GF will understand the true magic of this strictly GF venue.

The quality of the baking is A*, I started with a freshly made sandwich of goats cheese and homemade humous and one crisp, slightly sweetened pastry named Anna.
However I couldn't stop myself from ordering two more cakes. The choices were vast- I narrowed it down to a chocolate brownie with burnt caramel named Vivi and a poppy seed vanilla cake which I forget the name of but you can see the theme- all sweets are named after ladies and all savouries after Men. Even this little touch draws you in.
All bread recipes are clearly marked so you know exactly what is in store for you and the staff and seating area are lovely to boot. I will happily rave about this delightful cafe and hope more stumble across it.