“After eating here I dreamt of eating here.”
Review of Vai mo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vai mo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: Hello dear client, we are really sorry but the restaurant Vai mo is about to close. All the team is moving in another restaurant call Restaurant Aromi e Sapori 500m away from Vai mo We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to see you at Aromi e Sapori restaurant. Thanks
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The title is true. Yesterday me & my girlfriend went here, we had a precourse, maindish and tiramisu together with a bottle of wine. This, two espressos and a bottle of water costed us about 75€, which was very worth it. The food here was the best food I have ever eaten, well cooked, good looking and served by incredibly nice and helpful staff. The restaurant itself is very small, which I think helps the greatness even more, it's very cozy and the staff really sees you. My visit was so good that me & my girlfriend decided to go back here for our going-away-from-Berlin-party in two weeks. We love you, Vai Mo.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

A small and worm place with good service and very tasty fish and pasta , it s a little bit difficult to find but the experience deserve the effort , the prices are reasonable for a so nice place ! Me and my family will repite for sure

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

It don't look much but this is a great place. I went for the traditional and had pasta vongole.My partner went for the innovative and had pasta with wild hog ragu and chocolate. We were both very pleased with our meals.

1  Thank PirmaP
Reviewed March 25, 2012

i just love this place! I go there as often as I can. I have honestly never been dissapointed. Service is fantastic and the food is absolutely amazing. You will have to call and reserve a table before you go, but it is definately worth the trouble- Rosario will take care of you! And the chef is pretty amazing- you will have an amazing meal. go there when you are in Berlin!

2  Thank peri28
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I like to think of myself as a sophisticated gourmet who has eaten in some fabulous and famous restaurants all over the world. Moving to Berlin, some 3 months ago, was not a decision I took lightly. It is a wonderful city, but has a lot to learn re: food and restaurants. The Germans are traditonal, stuck in their ways and are suspicious of new and exciting styles of cooking. Not so in Vai Mo, one of the best restaurants in Berlin! Joe, the chef is inventive and exciting (he's worked all over the world to learn his craft and is an artist) and this shows in the way he cooks the freshest of ingredients. On arrival at the restaurant I was greeted like a long lost friend (I had been there once before!) the first time I talked to Joe i trusted him completely, so i left the entrees to him. Ten minutes later we were presented with two plates of delicious amuse bouche. Calamari, so fresh and tender was served on a bed of seaweed with vanilla!- (exquisite!), accompanied by moules and the fattest and most succelent scampi, i have ever had. We also had a plate of wonderful salamis, capers and cold veal served with a tuna mayo ( a nice twist on a traditonal Italian dish). The starters were so wonderful, that I thought that they would be a hard act to follow- no such worries. The Tuna flown in from Italy that day, was so pink and fresh it was a joy to eat! and my Steak was cooked to perfection. We finished the meal with the sweetest aplomb- a medley of tirimasui and a basilico pannacotta. Our wonderful waiter, was kind friendly and funny and really knows about wine and service. Its a small atmospheric restauarnt and is a credit to the owners and the good people that work there. My only fear is that it will become so popular that I won't be able to get a table! Wonderful!!!

3  Thank John W