See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2016

we stayed there for a weekend trip to Berlin. It is located very cloe to an U6 and U7 metro station, which is very conveniant as thise to lines can be used to reach the Tegel airport. we had a double room with provate bathroom and everything was just fine. the room very basic but big and clean. the breakfast was also very basic, but ok./ it seems local currywurst and kebab bars are famous. the hostel is in a nightime party area. it is cvlose to a bio-vegan supermarket with a nica bar, ideal for coffee. the tempelhof airport site is also very close, it was a spontaneous decision toi visit it, it is very surprising, one of highlights of the stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michal M
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I stayed here for one night and it was good for the night. The rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable and clean. Showers and toilets are basic, don´t expect much. Staff is really nice and always helpful. Check in was easy and quick and even the wifi was working in the room. If you come late no problem they open 24/7.
All in all it was a perfect place if you don´t waste your time staying in the room the whole day. The hostel is located in kreuzberg next to the metro station 'Mehringdamm' and in front of the hostel is the famous 'Mustafa´s Gemüse Kebab'.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Fabian A
Reviewed August 7, 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here during a weekend in high season. Although I found the price relatively high (€75 for a double), we could still arange a room 1 day in advance, which was a good thing.
The other good thing is that the room was neat, large and had a working bathroom. The water comming out of the shower could be better though, because it was cold most of the time we wanted to take a shower.
The best thing about the hostel was the location for me. It was right next to Kreutzberg (the cool neighborhood) and loads of famous food stalls right outside it's door. Bicycling and public transport from here on is easy as well. Overall a recommendation!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The entrance to Metropol Hostel is on the third floor of the building. When I got there, there was no working lift, so I had to drag my luggage up several flights of stairs. When I finally got to the front desk, I asked about the wi-fi and they told me it was broken. The room I booked had eight beds, but only two power outlets and six lockers. After navigating the labyrinthine hallways to find the bathroom, I realized that there were no soap dispensers. I've stayed in cheaper hostels in other cities that had much better living conditions. The central location does not justify the price - staying at Metropol is barely a step above being homeless.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo