Open today: 5:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Review Highlights
Awesome Fillet Skewers!

Located across the street from the Savoy Hotel, so thought we would give it a try and we weren't... read more

Reviewed May 29, 2018
LeisaS
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
via mobile
Dinner

Not great and service was pretty poor. Food average and limited choice for vegetarians very... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2016

from US$83.40
from US$16.40
from US$39.90
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The seats were simple, hard, wooden garden-style chairs and were very uncomfortable. The décor was nice, with a lovely outdoor seating area but it was far too cold to sit outside when we visited. The bar was fairly quiet and the drinks were reasonably priced but the music was so quiet we couldn't even make out what it was. Maybe we just caught it on a bad night, but it was reasonably late on a Saturday night so I struggle to imagine when it could have been better.

1  Thank KadieZ
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Somehow, my journey planning abilities weren't working in my favour the night I was headed to Quasimodo. I'd booked my ticket online via the Berliner Festspiele website and was supposed to pick it up at the venue by a certain time, so when I finally found the place on Kantstraße, I was flustered from running around dark Berlin streets. However, I needn't have worried: the lady on the door got my name and presented me with my envelope.

Jazzfest Berlin 2012 was on and I was there to see Marius Neset live with his band, playing 'Golden Xplosion'. The venue was packed with instantly identifiable jazz heads. Mostly seniors; I was probably the youngest person present by no stretch of the imagination. I edged my way nearer the front as there was limited seating and certainly none left for me. As the show went on, I ended up sitting on the floor, which I have no qualms about; and about four people soon gave in and joined me.

The bar was busy, and service was swift and polite enough, but could do with a smile! The venue was too cramped and could do with a makeover. The overall impression I have of the decor: dark, neon lighting, some photos of jazz musicians – uninspired. The toilets were in an acceptable condition (though it took me a few seconds to figure out which were for females with no pictogram!)...

The band were fantastic; there was a great atmosphere and deep appreciation of jazz music from the audience which was vocalised into requests for *two* encores. So ratings to this venue for what it offered (me) in musical terms!

I made my way to the venue from station 'Berlin Zoologischer Garten'.
Note to self: figure out night journey beforehand as train station closed but there are several night buses services available.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went on our last night in Berlin. It was 17euro to get in on the Friday night. Way to expensive! Saying this the actual bar is quite nice really. Very full with some characters there. The bill said the band played 'funk, horns and sweat' so thinking of funk I usually listen to we were amazed that
Robbie Williams 'let me entertain you' was the opening song. Followed by Kylie Manogue and Robbie Williams, doing it for the kids and a Cristina Aguilera song. In the end we had some good laughs and even got propositioned! Ha, we ran quickly. If you are going for the music then know its most likely mainstream but really not bad for a party.

2  Thank Oowy
Reviewed April 21, 2012

boof ..in fact I tought to find another kind of music there and ambiant...I spent 10 euros to stay,watched and listened a funky live show.(of course talented group...) but I was disappointed because I ve heard about jazz music!anyway the place was too much crowded and not all falks was interested in music!you can find better in berlin like the great and fantastic B-Flat!

1  Thank pinnychan
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We went on a "jam night" and the music was free, but terrible. The bar is large with poorly arranged and uncomfortable seating. It could be fun as a large noisy bar on a loud music night (there is a lot of standing room) but I don't rate this as a cosy jazz club.

1  Thank travellerfromLondon1