“Great Hotel at great Location”
Review of H10 Berlin Ku'damm

H10 Berlin Ku'damm
Ranked #36 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great Hotel at great Location”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed at the H10 Berlin during a long weekend with some friends. I booked the hotel based on price and comments made by guests on trip advisor.
Overall the hotel was very nice, the lobby was bright and neat, and the rooms were clean and had all the amenities that you need. The staff was very friendly and very professional.
I had breakfast one day, and I have to say it was the best Hotel breakfast that I have had anywhere in Europe. I also tried the sauna, and again it was a very good experience.
Overall, I can only recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Riojawikinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This bright, new hotel was excellent. The staff were incredibly helpful, the room was superb and the breakfast selection was second to none. A short journey from Mitte but better value than more central hotels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MCW1001
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I traveled to Berlin with 3 of my friends. We decided we all wanted to be together in a big room. After searching online I came across this hotel which had 4 persons room, the price we got was extremly good for such a nice hotel. The room we got was amazing, it was huge, clean and very comfy bed and sleeping couch.

The hotel is very nicely situated at one of the largest shopping streets in Berlin.

The hotel itself looks very nice, so from the moment you walk in the hotel you know this is a good place to be. The hotel bar was very nice and served excellent mojitos.

For me one of the thing that stood out most was how clean everything was.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Valdimar J
Birmingham
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We have just spent 5 nights at this new hotel. The rooom facilities were excellent - big, big bed, super shower, all new fittings and spotlessly clean. Although it is so near the main shopping street, we asked for a quiet room and it certainly was. The staff were really helpful - even when they could not directly help! Suggesting ways to book concert tickets, sort out the computers and be generally adult in their attitude. Breakfast is around15 to 18 euro but was excellent and enough to last us all day. Alternatively there are several places round and about where breakfast could be bought more cheaply. It is very close to both the UBahn and the S Bahn so very easy to get around the city with no problems - also close to bus for Tegel airport. Great for shopping, Karstat my favorite store just around the corner.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank silver_but_active
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I arrived late at the H10 and was upgraded to a suite. Very nice – thanks a lot guys!

Location (10/10): Just 1 minute away from the Kurfuerstendamm, one of the main shopping streets in Berlin. Next door is a Vapiano Restaurant were you can get great Italian food in a very relaxed setting. Next door is also a subway station. About 2 minutes away is a stop for the airport bus. If you walk about 5 minutes you reach Bahnhof Zoo (Zoo station) which is one of the main stations in Berlin. From there you get quickly anywhere. It is also where you can catch the express bus to the airport.

Service (10/10): Nothing particular. Fast, friendly and – well – I got an upgrade ;-)

Gym (?/10): There is a gym but I haven’t been there. I went for a run which I prefer in a city like Berlin. A good recommendation is to run to Bahnhof Zoo (Zoo station) and from there you can run around the zoo. No need to enter the zoo. A nice run without any cars.

Breakfast (?/10): No idea how that is. I had breakfast at a bakery at Kurfuerstendamm. Easy because the hotel is so central.

Coffee (10/10): I like good coffee and was very pleased to find a Nespresso machine with some capsules in the room. Free of charge, very nice. Don’t know whether every room has a Nespresso machine or just the suite.

Internet Connection (10/10): Free Wifi – what else do you want

Room (10/10): Again, since I was upgraded to a suite I have no idea how regular rooms are. The suite however was very nice, very modern, everything was high quality, there was a safe, an alarm clock radio for the iPod or iPhone, everything was clean…

I was really excited about this hotel. I can’t tell you anything I didn’t like. And I am usually pretty critical. You will see me more often there ;-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Paul B
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am a Starwood Platinum member and this is the first hotel that I think gives Starwood a run for it's money. The H10 Berlin was amazing not only in the way it was professionally run, but also for the value and style for the money. It felt no less than a W Hotel at 1/4th the cost. I spent three days here and would whole heartedly recommend it to a leisure or business traveler looking for a four star hotel in West Berlin.

Internet was free. It worked and it was fast. Staff were friendly, accommodating and gracious. The rooms are spotless and the public areas chic.

The hotel is 1 block off of Kudamm (next to the Swisshotel) putting it at ground zero in West Berlin. You can't beat the location if you want a West Berlin address.

I can see why it has won the Trip Advisor Awards. It really deserves the awards.

Room Tip: Room 613 is very large and face the inner courtyard. It is very sunny and private.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MGL324
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have mixed emotions about the H10 Ku'damm having spent the last few days there.

Firstly, the background of the booking was that I originally made it for August but couldn't go in the end and totally forgot to cancel it. The hotel were very accommodating as they allowed me to book another time to visit as they had already taken my money. They could have been difficult about this and they weren't which impressed me.

The positives of the hotel were:

Clean and modern
Good location
Nice massage
Good equipment in the gym
Privilege rooms come with access to the Privilege lounge where you can get free tea, coffee, drinks and nibbles.

The negatives were:

The bed, as previous reviewers have stated, was too hard
The pillows weren't great and even though they put a pillow menu by the bed, when we asked for something different they didn't have them (so what is the point of advertising something that you don't have??!)
The shower was a complete nightmare - great Grohe rain head shower, but when you have a shower that powerful you aren't going to keep it from going all over the bathroom floor without a door or a platform that is more raised.
I had a great massage there, but the massage room is right next to the gym and three people walked in while I was having my massage. It also means that when someone is pounding away on the treadmill it's not as relaxing and quiet as a massage should be.
The Privilege Lounge didn't serve and alcoholic drinks apart from beer.

Berlin is a great city and I will definitely be returning, but not sure whether I would stay at this hotel again. It could be great, but they have a few issues that need to be sorted out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank naylajab
Yield_Manager_HBK, Leiterin des Personalbüros at H10 Berlin Ku'damm, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear guest,
thank you that you have took the time for us to evaluated your stay here to be. We apologize, that not everything was entirely to your satisfaction.
Our pillow menu is available to our guests for selection, but only in limited numbers. There was during your stay a very high volumes of guests, so there were no longer the required pillows.
Because we are a city / business hotel, our spa and wellness area is in line with demand. To enlarge the massage area is not possible for us, so our guests can also visit the studios like in our neighborhood that are exclusively focused on wellness.
We hope that you give us a second chance and we allowed to welcome you for a second time.
Yours sincerely,